Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATA Flight Cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by razorbakc, Mar 19, 2004.

1. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    I'm looking into buying a flight case for my Ampeg 8x10. Does anyone here use one of these? I've been searching over the web and only found a couple of places that sell them, wheres a good place to get one for the least amount of money?

2. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    Actually, I was thinking that I probably would'nt need an ATA case since I am nearly possitive it will never fly. I would think that being ATA certified and everything wold jump up the cost a lot, so if anyone knows of similar cases, thats what wold probably want.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I use an ATA flight case for my 4x10 Aguilar. Man, they add a TON of weight to lug around. If you need protection - if you use roadies or put your stuff in a gear truck or van, they're great to have. If its just you and your own pickup truck, you might want to just consider a good waterproof vinyl cover.

4. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    Yeah, it gets loaded into our trailer. Thats what made me start looking for one. The first day it was carried around in there a peice of tolex was partially ripped off. This summer we're planning on touring so it would definately get some abuse.

And, onewaypunk, thanks, but I've found both those places. I'm trying to find an even less expensive one.

5. You could also try Left Coast Cases

They build to your specs so you would have to tell them what ya want and get a quote from them, they say they are the cheapest though.

http://www.leftcoastmusic.com/Cases.htm

Scott