Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATA Flight cases

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveDude, Feb 19, 2002.

1. I'm going to be doing some traveling here soon, and I need to take my bass with me. I have had the "want to" to purchase a custom flight case for my bass. Now I need to

anyone have a good idea where to get one. I have looked at Anvil, but they are way expensive

Thanx

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I suggest Anvil and Calzone cases. They are possibly the best cases in the world. I have an anvil case on my Mesa/Boogie 4x10 cabinet, and my little brother has a Calzone case for his Mesa Dual Rectifier. They are extremely heavy duty and look like you could practically drop them out of an airplane. Besides, they look extremely cool. :cool:

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Depending on how soon you need it, Harry Priest at justcaseit.com in Canada does GREAT work, quite reasonable, too.

5. jmbstudios

jmbstudios

Dec 4, 2001
    South AZ
    I have ordered 3 different cases from a company in Canada. One keyboard, a guitar and a case for my 76 Ray.
    The website is www.flytecase.com

Extremely reasonable, quick, and just as good as my anvil case. ATA rated and all.

Of course a lot of people will say nothing is as good as an anvil, but I own about 5 anvil cases from mixer cases to guitars. The Flyte Case will hold up against them any day.....

Good Luck

6. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member