1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD [Atelier Z] baby Z 30 inch short scale bass Canary Yellow 2018 limited edition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jackson_He, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Jackson_He

Jackson_He

Aug 30, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    Baby Z is one of the best short scale basses you can find on the market. It is handmade by Atelier Z in Japan. The craftsmanship and building quality are superior. As a Sadowsky NYC user, I would say the Baby Z's building quality matches up to my NYC's.

This particular bass was bought in October 2018 and was used by me as a practicing/recording bass at home. That being said, the bass has never been brought to any gigs. Thus there is no scratches or dings on it.

This bass is lightweight and short, but it also has a really solid low end and sits well in a mix. The only reason that I'm selling it is that I'm going to graduate school, and the tuition fee does not allow me to have the leisure of owning an extra bass. I'm also considering selling my Sadowsky NYC, but in the meantime, I will sell my Atelier Z first and see how it goes.

Please PM. Thank you!

The specs:
    Scale - 30'
    Neck - Maple
    Fingerboard - Maple
    Body - Alder3P
    Tuning - Gotoh GB-1
    Bridge - HIP SHOT B Style Custom(Body Through)Space16.5mm

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  2. iMilanek

iMilanek

Nov 19, 2015
    USA
    Sweet:)

Jackson_He likes this.
  3. Damn, love that color, looks awesome. Just a bit out of my price range though. GLWTS!

4. Jackson_He

Jackson_He

Aug 30, 2012
    What's your price range?

5. Like Squier Mustang range, I won't insult you, we aren't even close. :thumbsup:

6. Jackson_He

Jackson_He

Aug 30, 2012
    I see, still appreciate your compliments on my bass. :)

WI Short Scaler likes this.
  7. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

How much is the bass weight ?

8. Jackson_He

Jackson_He

Aug 30, 2012
    Around 8.5 lbs.

9. Christcr

Christcr Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    I've been curious about this model bass for a long time. The videos on Youtube do not do a very good job of demonstrating the tone at all. With that pickup configuration and the active electronics, how close does it come to a straight up (active) Jazz Bass tone?

The only long scale bass I use regularly is my Fender Elite Jazz. Other than that I play almost exclusively short scales. But I've never been able to find a short scale bass that can convincingly cop a Jazz (one of my favorite tones). Maybe this model can? The only other short scale bass I've heard come close is the Maruszczyk Elwood 4P 30.

10. Jackson_He

Jackson_He

Aug 30, 2012
    Baby Z has a typical scooped active Jazz bass tone. I can record a demo for you if you want to. Just PM me your email.

11. kjculligan

kjculligan KC Supporting Member

Please check PM.