Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Atelier Z Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6-3-2, Sep 20, 2003.

1. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    The Guitar and Bass Boutique isn't the only way to get Atelier Z basses. Especially since they are jacking up the prices. You can buy them directly off the website for under $2,000. Even with the shipping it would be WAY cheaper, these US companies are jacking up the prices like crazy. Places like ikebe-gakki.com have lots of Atelier Z basses for reasonable prices. Sure you'll have to e-mail them and ask for some english service, but hey that's not so bad when your saving hundres of dollars.

2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I looked into the off-shore options when I was shopping for an Atelier. For me - knowing the ins and outs of international shipping - there was less trouble and more peace of mind buying it from Jimmy at the NYGBB. YMMV.

3. You are right. I asked them to send me information about one of those Atelier basses and they insisted that I call them in New York from Columbus to discuss it but I didn't. I could not see why they could not email me the information. Everytime I asked like three questions they answered jsut about one of them and told me to call them.I still have the email. Maybe they needed to try to screen my ability to afford one.

There is lots of swindling going on around here and there are good deals too.

And yes , I'm been had ....real bad.

It's still always good to be careful even if you are buying a bass from your grandmomma. She might jack the price up to.

4. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I dunno i've ordered a decent amount of things from Japan and I have been more then pleased with the service, and the packing is usually over-kill. Then again I've never ordered a bass. Going by previous experiance I think the customer service in Japan is MUCH better then here in the US. I'd trust them.