Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Athlete 6 string ABG $1900 shipped US

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassmonkeee, Aug 9, 2004.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Here's something you simply don't see everyday.

This is my Athlete 6 string acoustic bass guitar with gig bag.

The pickup system has been upgraded to a K&K Golden Trinity Microphone/transducer combo with an outboard 2 channel preamp. It sounds phenomenal and plays great.

Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

It has a spruce top with a flamed maple back and sides (some of the nicest flamed maple I've seen, in fact). Three piece hard rock maple neck with a bound ebony fretboard complete with abalone oval inlays. Currently strung with Labella black tapewound flats. I'll even include an extra tapewound high C string--what a bargain!

I am, unfortunately, saddled with hands that don't like necks wider than 5 strings. :( So, grab this one while you can because you probably won't see another 6 string ABG on the used market for quite some time.

More pics available.

The only trades I'm really open to are Fender Custom Shop '59 or '62 PBasses, but run stuff past me, ya know?

2. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Price lowered to $1800 shipped.

I'll also include the set of TI Acousticore strings shown in this picture:

[​IMG]

I'll also look at any trade for a US Lakland Joe Osborn, or Bob Gloub in addition to the Fender CS PBasses. :bassist:

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    How's it sound unplugged?

4. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    With the tapewound strings, you can get decent volume for an acoustic bass guitar. It has more internal bracing than, say, a Tacoma, so that will limit the amount of movement in the top and back.

It isn't the loudest ABG I've heard, but I was able to compete with an agressive acoustic guitar player.

Like most ABGs, though--to use it in a live setting, you probably want to use an amp.

5. mrgittleman

mrgittleman

Dec 23, 2003
    NYC
    Hello

I want it and I can overnight you a USPS MO today 8/12
    Let me know.

Michael Gittleman

718-626-0227
    646-208-7591

6. bassmonkeee