Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATK 300 Good deal or not?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sincity, May 8, 2003.

1. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I have any opportunity to buy an ATK 300 just like the one pictured here for $300.00.

I shamelessly lifted this picture from Brendan's posting.

Is this a good buy or not?

I really like this axe. There are a couple of small dings, and the coil selector switch does not seem to do too much.

All in all though, it still sounds pretty awesome.

Thank for your help.
    [​IMG]

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I would jump all over it! I absolutely LOVE mine!!!

I jammed with mine at my band's practice last night and it just sounds and plays so nicely!

Definitely do it, man.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    By all means do! That's how much I got mine for, and for the quality, it's an absolute steal.

Tell me (I myself don't know,) what model is it? The standard ATK300's don't have an exotic top. Is your buyer more knowledgable as to what he has? I'm curious, because I don't know that much about my own bass...

Heh, I got a little freaked out when I saw my pic in there. I thought to myself "Crap! I sure as heck didn't offer to sell this to anyone...not for 300 I didn't..." and then I saw the nod, and breathed out.

4. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I'd definitely go for it. Theres a store near me that sells them for like $500. And, I would pay $500 for this bass...they're awesome IMO.

5. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    You know Brendan, I really don't know if it is a Korean made bass or US.

Hey, do you get much response out of your coil selector?

I also like the weight of the bass.

I think I will take the pickguard off though. I hope the screw holes don't stick out too much.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, if you're getting a dead ringer for mine, it should be made in Japan.

The coil selector doesn't make a huge difference, but they are distinct, especially when you EQ around each postion.

7. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Snatch that puppy up -- you won't be sorry.

I love mine...and that one's prettier.

:D

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    By all means, buy it! If you could work them down on the price a little, that'd be even better, but $300 is good. If you watch eBay, they all go for over $400. To my ears, the Alder body on that series make the sound a little tamer, not as much of that Musicman bite to it, as with the Alder body. But regardless, that is a FINE bass for the price!

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Good deal? The used ATK's are THE good deal.