Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATK 400 Controls

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Im sure i have the controls right . . .

[​IMG]

However, anyone know what the different selector switch possitions are, i have a rough idea, but am not sure, the ATK400 schematic isnt availible (the picture wouldnt show on the ibanez site), and i cant find anywhere that has a description of the switches position

Cheers

2. Ah great cheers, the Ibanez site stopped working shortly after that image wouldnt show, so i couldnt snoop about, Cheers :D

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I dont know but!

You can find out this way:

Get a piece of steel, or any magnetic metal, and start in the first position.

tap the coils with it, to find out wich coils are working at each position. My guess is that the first 3 positions towards the bridge will be the Humbucker alone in Series/Parallell and Single coil.
    and the other 2, would be The Humbucker in single + the neck pickup, and the neck pickup alone.

4. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    OK for the pots

selector is from neck to bridge: full neck PU aka jazz neck(1) full neck+full bridge single aka jazz position (2) full bridge single coil aka jazz bridge(3) full bridge+ center single coil aka MM position (4)
    middle single coil aka P bass position

all the positions, except the 4 have the fantom coil to reduce hum

5. Ah cool, cheers for the posts guys, it shows you everything in that link that sbakker posted :)

Cheers for the fuller explination lowmid