Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATK 400 switching

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 44CALIBREKILLER, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Hi guys,

I have the above guitar and i get some crackle when switching between the pick up selector.

How would i go about rectifying this?

should i spray some WD40 into the unit from the switch side?

2. That could work, contact cleaner might be better tho ?

Probably just dust in there

Just out of interest, minor side note, help a fellow scot out here ;) , when you switch to just the J neck pup do you notice an increase in volume?

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Don't use WD40. Use a contact cleaner.

4. cheers for that. i will pick up some contact cleaner and try that, currently sheilding the cavity and sorting out some hum problems.

it appears to be cutting out now, but switching it back in seems to rectify it.

in case it is done, has anyone had experience in sourcing replacement parts for ibanez in the uk?

i got a mohawk, with regard to the volume issue, when i swith to the j pup, the sound just gets bigger, which is nice!!!

btw, sweet misfits sticker, trying to source one myself, where did you get it?

5. cant remember, that got stuck on there some 4-5 years back, shall have a look about tho :)