1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ATK 800 Schematic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TonyDee, Nov 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TonyDee

TonyDee

Nov 8, 2017
    I recently replaced the jack on my friend's ATK 800 because it was loose. With the new jack, it was impossible to plug the 1/4" plug into it fully. I used a screwdriver to see what was inside and now I can plug the cord into it.

Problem is that when I inserted the screwdriver, I must have shorted the 9V from the battery to the input of the preamp. The sound was fuzzy.

I replaced the quad op-amp chip (TLC2264C). The sound is different, but it's still fuzzy.

Can someone point me to where I can find a schematic of the printed circuit board? How about where I can buy just the circuit board. Ibanez doesn't sell just the board. You have to buy the entire assembly which includes all the switches and volume controls.

2. TonyDee

TonyDee

Nov 8, 2017
    guess no one knows

3. I got curious about ATK models recently & was told they're the true StingRay killer, but after looking at their wiring diagram, I'm glad I didn't buy one:

W97006.

I'm not sure how you could find a schematic of the boards.

4. TonyDee

TonyDee

Nov 8, 2017
    Thanks for looking. I've also been unable to find a schematic of the board.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. You might have a better shot if you got this topic moved to the Pickups & Electronics sub-forum.

6. TonyDee

TonyDee

Nov 8, 2017
    Thank you for the advice. I've posted in that forum.

Killed_by_Death likes this.