Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATK Appreciation

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cams_Anthem, May 1, 2004.

1. A great bass IMHO. I have had my ATK 300 for a year and i dare say for the price its damn hard to top. I wont be selling mine until i get and vintage musicman or jazz bass. So if there are any other people out there with a love interest with and ATK lets hear from you! Pics welcome of course

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    You'll actually find a lot of ATK appreciation on this site and there are several threads expressing such.

I have one (the second one I've owned) and I absolutely love the thing. No way I'll let this one get away from me.

My advice: Even when you do snag the Musicman or Jazz, do NOT sell your ATK. You may be sorry that you did.

3. I would never sell it thats for sure. I NEVER see them in the trading post or in shops. Give it 15-20 years they might be a collectable :D

4. Heres a couple on mine. What colour is it, Sunburst??? I like it anyways. Looks kinda vintage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. I don't own one but I have played a few and they are sure great basses. one of the best buys out there in terms of what you get vs. how much you have to pay for it.

6. heres my atk, it hasnt been touched since i got my kubicki, but the atk was my first decent/good bass, after my ashton, vantage 5 and the horrible experince that is an aslin dane MM copy....complete neck warp in 3 months, anyway i took that back to the shop and they did a straight over swap for my atk....kinda considering selling it, my kubickis jelous that it has to share the spotlight :p

anyway as far as i know my atk is a 300 korean made, considering the bastard i bought it off had removed the decals and serial number BASTARD!, but i paod $600aus for mine and i bought my kubicki for $2000aus, and im hoping next will be either a modulus flea or alembic epic, but first things first, a new amp, gonna try out a peavey BAM 210 when i see one

[​IMG]

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    The megathread is just below this one :confused:

anyways, here's my Japanese ATK 305... i love this bass so much i haven't thought of buying a new one in 2 years!

[​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

heres my atk usa... its for sale in the classified section :bawl:

9. MattyN

MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    ATKs are awesome. i had a chance to grab one a few years back and didn't. i've been kicking myself ever since.

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You know you love that sparkle Goodness

Pitty its not mine..!!!!

YET..!!!

11. MattyN

MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    damn... that's sweet!

12. thats not origional paint is it? looks like a refinish to me, still cool though