1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ATK Bassculture pickup problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SwamiRob, Sep 6, 2008.

1. I've had my Bassculuture pickup for a while now, and should have probably asked this earlier, but I've been having to use some pretty extreme EQ to get a balanced sound out of the thing, usually cutting alot of bass and adding alot of treble, with the mids sounding pretty undefined when added, and very weak when cut, so I leave that untouched.

I'm not big into a trebley sound, I like a pretty well rounded sound that's very tight but very deep, so I don't think it's just my ears. When I leave the thing flat it has that fender with all the tone controls on full cut kinda vibe, no mids/high mids/highs at all and a very hollow sounding bottom.

I'm pretty sure I've wired it up right, double checked it a couple of times, so perhaps Chris just messed up the diagram slightly, but that seems kinda unlikely to me.

Can anyone post any clips of how it's supposed to sound? Found this thread from a very long time ago but the links are obsolete - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53041&highlight=atk+allodox

2. Bump!

3. And again :p

4. And yet again, gonna get some straight DI samples up for you guys, and Mr Dolf who made the thing, to listen to. Again, if anyone has a Bassculture on their ATK and can get me some flat pre-eq DI samples that'd be great.

5. Wow, nothing from anyone on TB? Rob, did you ever get that issue taken care of?

6. roamershaker

roamershaker

May 30, 2007
    earth
    i am thinking bout geting a bassculture fer my atk what model did you get and did you get it to work ok?????

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I have tried an ATK with a Bassculture pickup installed and I much prefer the stock model. It sounds punchier with a more even tone.
    This opinion is pretty much the only help I can offer.