Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATK Question.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Ive read on tb quite alot about the amazing ATK....meant to be a gem...great sounding and great feeling bass and cheap (in comparison)...

Are there are different models i should be loooking out for....like early cheap made models and the like....

this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3700002392&category=4713

popped up today and loooks kinda nice..i have to admit...

Thoughts...

Also i know Mark White uses it on the Spin Doctors but what types of sounds can u get out of it..

I play ing alt indie/rock band and i have heard its great for this type of music but has a quietish ouput...is this true?....

What kinda Mods can u do0o to it...?

Any help would be great

Ive done a search and found lotsa yummie pics but not really any answers :)...

ps...do people dig the ATK??:p..

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Go for it. They are great basses. The sound is really nice and punchy, twangy, etc. Just like a Ray, but alot more reasonably priced, and have great necks. There are alot of models, but the main one (the single pickup) is an ATK 300. There is an ATK100 (passive) ATK 300 (Active) ATK 400 (MM + J, Active), and ATK 1200 I believe (MIA, quilt tops, etc) those are all of the ones I've heard of. They are a great buy. I love mine to death. I see you've bid on it-just keep going. If it's not your thing, you can easily unload them.

Peace,
    Scott D.

3. Yups just sold a Trace Cab for £230 so0o easily cover purchase ...

was gonna get that money and sell my GT6-B and Marcus Miller and get a better bass..

But if the ATK is great will sell up and put money in a savings account to buy the bass i reallly want...

Migth Strip the ATK down to bare wood and put a satin finish on it...

either way not gonna lo0ose that much on it..:)