1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ATK Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dragoon419, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Howdy, I was wondering what strings all of you Ibanez ATK owners use, nickels, steels, what?

Just interested in what strings you folks find best suite your ATK.

2. cmhgreg

cmhgreg

Oct 26, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I used to have an ATK and I liked Ernie Ball Slinkies on it. If I still had that bass today, I would also try the Fender pure nickels. I have those on my Jag and absolutely love them.

3. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    EBMM Hybrid Slinky for about a week now. No complaints.

4. chombebass

chombebass

Jun 27, 2005
    Zagreb-Croatia
    I use DR Lo Rider (steel) 45-105 on my ATK300 (1996. Japan), and also DR lo rider 5 string set 45-125(but vidouth G string, so it's drop tuning D to low B) on ATK400 (2003. Korea).

5. danis

danis

Jun 7, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    I use Rotosound flats (Harris sig) cause i like the high tension (C tuning) ,the smooth feel and sound.They will stay a long long time before i change them again :)
    The Elixirs that were eqquiped from the factory were very nice too but completely different sound and feel.

6. i've tried curt mangan nickel, dr lo riders and ghs flea boomers all in 45-105. my fav so far has to be the ghs strings. both the curt mangan and dr sets didn't have enough depth and growl to the sound imo.

7. Im using Sadowsky Flats on mine :)

8. LennyPenny

LennyPenny

Mar 14, 2011
    Belgium
    I'm on the fence as well, I've got D'Addario rounds on mine, I'm guessing nickel because they feel about the same as the Roto swing66 nickels. Thinking of changing them soon, too much twang for my taste. Either DR Lo Riders, Extra life black or GHS black nylon tapewounds. Read some good things about Sunbeams as well. So many options, so little money...

9. I have an ATK 750KA.
    I've tried:
    stock Elixers = were fine, love the slick feel, but just weren't doin' it.
    DR Sunbeam = made things too springy and bright
    D'Addario Chrome Flats = just didn't play well
    Fender Pure Nickel 7150M = my pick for round wounds.
    back to the stocks just to use them up... until

Rotosound Monel Flatwounds = DA WINNAH! For me, these feel and sound perfect for the native tone of this bass. The Rotos are bright sounding flats, and with EQ adjustments you can range from clear as a big round bell, to a full dry thump, to a tubey goodness throaty growl. I won't be changing them.

just my 2ยข

kkaarrll likes this.