Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gas_huffa, Aug 12, 2000.

1. gas_huffa

Apr 27, 2000
    the atk or the ergodoyne.
    Which one? they are around the same price but i can decide which one to get.
    I like the play funky stuff and jazz and blues.
    I have played them.
    If anyone ownes one could you please tell me the pros and cons for each one.
    Come on guys. this is your chance to bitch at each other saying whos bass is better and why:)
  2. Whitebread

Jun 26, 2000
    Well I have an ATK305, but I have never played one of the Ergodines. The Atk has a very good tone and you can get quite a few different tones with it. It has a pretty big neck(but thats probably mostly cause It is a five sting) but is still pretty easy to play. One problem that a lot of people have is with the weight, it is a really heavy bass, due to the huge ash body and massive bridge.

Overall I really like the bass, although I'm still going to sell it to get a 4-string bass.
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Get the ATK. No contest. The Egrodynes are bad, because the luthite body has so many dead spots, due to not being wood, and not something as stable as graphite. ATK all the way. More versatile, better sounding, better looking.
  4. I'm with the others, get the ATK. I played a couple of Ergodynes and did not like them. The ATK is butt-ugly but it sounds BIG. Meaty tone. Go for it.
  5. Me personally love the Ergodynes.. mine doesn't have any deadspots! hehe I have the EDB600 and it's beautiful and everyone who's played it fell in love with it! I should find the ATK's and try em out since I hear all yas like em... might not fit my taste in looks and stuff.. hehe oh well.. Later!

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You know, the Ergodyne looks OK, and it sounds pretty good, but it's the first bass I have ever picked up that was BODY heavy! It feels like the neck is made of balsa and the body is made of oak, or LUCITE(that old clear HEAVYHEAVY plastic)..

The ATK is butt ugly, but it has a lot of good tones in that triple coil pickup..
  7. Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    I'm gonna throw my vote towards the ergodyne...only cause the ATK seems just a little bit too big and bulky to me...ATK's do sound nice though. I just like the look, feel and sound of the ergo better.
  8. frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    Forget them both...and get an Iceman....:)
  9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hehe, the Iceman rules! I almost bought the J. Yuenger Signature Iceman g*****r, you know, the green one with stars? It RULES! Hehe, but then someone buttface bought it.