Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATK405 Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hey guys. I have a question. Where are the Ibanez ATK405 made in?Are there the MIJ, MIK and MIA or is it just made in one country.

Cheers

2. I have a 305 it was made in Korea..I have never seen a 405 in person..don't they only sell those in Europe?

Fetch:meh:

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I have a 305 made in Japan...

if you have an opportunity for a 405 just get it NOW

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My 305 is Korean made. And I agree: if you can get an ATK405, get it NOW! Do it, dammet! NOW!

5. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Wow...everybody's been telling me "get it now..damn it!".

Ok here's the situation. I have about $750 USD to spend. And I could get the MIJ ATK405 for around $450 USD. The thing is I've never played an ATK but everybody's been saying how good it is, I just have to take a closer look at it. Ive never played them because there arent any around here because if there are, I wouldn't have asked for opinions as I could decide for myself so long story short if I were to get an ATK it would be from Ishibashi through web order.

The other bass I've been looking at is the Yamaha BB1000MA. It has pretty much what I'm looking for. I've played about 20-30 basses and the 2 that "spoke" to me were the BB and the Gibson Tbird. So my question is this..is the ATK that damn good? If I decide to get it..I'll be playing the "trust what the others say and hopefully the bass speaks to me" game.

What should I do?

Cheers guys!

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ultimately, it's your call...

if the other basses already "speak to you" then you should get one of those...

dunno, it's tough (I personally would be all over the ATK, but im kinda one sided to it :D)

again, YOUR call

7. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Yeah I guess so. I mean if the BB1000Ma already spoke to me..I shouldn't look any further..I guess I'm still trying to find a bass that would topple the BB1000Ma in that sense. I guess if I go with the ATK route it would be a risky move. Im pretty sure itll be an awesome bass but I might not like it as much as the BB so I'm going for the safe route.

Thanks for the help you guys!

8. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I'd be careful if I were you, some say ATK 400s sound nowhere as punchy as ATK 300s, with the different body wood and all.

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I wasn't that impressed with new ATK-400s. Try out one if you can before buying.

All the new ones are MIK, I think.

10. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Its allright guys..I've place my order for the Yamaha BB1000MA and I'll be getting it next week. Hoorah!

I'll post photos when I get it!

Cheers for all the help again

11. The ATK 400/700/1300 (and 5s) are all made in korea with diff woods, pups and electronics. They simply arent the caliber as the US spec ATKs we all love.

Both of my ATKs are MIJ, my fretted is a '95, my fretless is a 19 (the first year for the ATK and the only year for the fretless AFAIK - before they moved production to Korea)

12. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    On the Ishibashi website I believe they state the ATK400s and ATK405s are the MIJ versions.