1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Atkinson Precision Clone, Sonic Blue--LOWER PRICE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ()smoke(), Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    I realize I had this priced a bit high--

Now $575 shipped CONUS, I need the cash.

Well, this is my last bass, but due to some family stuff, I've sold everything else and now this needs to go too:

Atkinson Precision Bass Clone

I took delivery of this one in June of this year, it is a fully upgraded example of the instruments Dan built before the recent change and new models.

Specs:

USACG lightweight alder P body, Sonic Blue nitrocellulose thin skin finish (very, very thin, per my request and Dan's expertise)

USACG P neck, maple with Dark Indian Rosewood Board 7.25" radius (very consistent dark board, hard to find these days), vintage frets (don't know the number, but they are thin like 6105s but feel maybe slightly shorter, very very little fretwear at all)...very thin profile front-to-back, 1-5/8" nut width...slight reshape of USACG headstock to more F-ish appearance...I love this neck so much, I ordered another one from USACG after I got this bass.

Lollar Precision pickups, vintage type capacitor

Tortoise Pickguard

Atkinson vintage logo on front side of headstock

This was a non-relic from Dan that has now picked up a few dings and chips in the paint over the past few months...it is slightly more 'relic' than a Fender 'Closet Classic' condition--signs of playing and small bumps, but nothing really major (see pics for examples of where the finish has worn and chipped through)...no buckle rash, almost all the dings are along the edges of body

There is a cigarette burn on the headstock, very small and authentic, moment of stress... Despite the screen name, this is smoke-free home, and no smoke odors at all.

I took the gloss off the nitro finish on the back of the neck with some micromesh pads...not down to bare wood, just through the bulk of the finish...you could use some steel wool to go a step further for a neck like a Fender relic or Nash relic if you wanted

Pics show DR black beauties, but bass will ship with D'Addario Nickel rounds...set up for very very low action, and very little neck relief...

This bass sounds incredibly old-school, great range from the tone control and lots of depth. The neck is amazing, the best Fender style neck i've played, and excellent frework, with great truss rod response for zeroing in on perfect setup

Also, another bonus--it's LIGHT:

8 lbs 3 oz. on my digital fish scales

Will ship in a Fender 60th Anniv. black gigbag. (I just remembered I have this in my closet. Note: the interior lining of this bag has a tear, not huge, but it's there, so bag isn't perfect. Outside condition is as new though and still protects well.) If buyer prefers, I can buy a bag or hard case at GC at buyer's expense before I ship.

Additional photos here:

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/sixstringslinger/Atkinson Precision/

Price Lowered to $575 shipped/Paypal to CONUS. No Trades please.

2. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Good deal. If you've been wanting to try the Atkinsons out, this is a nice cheap way to get into one. And as a former owner of one, I can say that it's definitely worth this price.

3. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    SOMEONE BUY THIS!!!

You will not be disappointed!

4. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Can't see photos at photobucket link

5. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    thanks, fixed!

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    ^

7. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    ^

this a fantastic bass, and the neck is simply phenomenal

8. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    ^

Offers?

9. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    ^

10. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    $575 shipped

i really need the money, looks like i'll be selling my svtII non--pro as well...everything i have

11. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    ^

12. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    PM sent. I'll take it. (I was about to buy that other one on here, and somebody nabbed it!)

13. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    Yippee. This thing has been tempting me and I really don't need it!

14. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    SOLD

thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.