Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

!!!ATL GIG-SPAM!!!: Micheal Levine's CD Release Party, Hard Rock Cafe (Oct 25th)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by j-raj, Oct 20, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    This next Saturday (the 25th), as some of you might know is going to be the CD release Party for Michael Levine's latest effort: 'Lines Between Us' at the Hard Rock Cafe's live venue ('Velvet Underground').

Michael is going to start out doing his Solo electronic-looping set at 9pm and then Kevin Leahy (www.kevinleahy.com) and I are going to join him (as The Michael Levine Band, www.michaellevine.net) for 2 sets starting at 10pm. This is going to be a great show, with a few talented surprise guests to sit in and perform with us…

So, if you aren't busy that evening, we really could use your support.

I included details on this gig below.

All the best,

Jairaj
    (www.jairaj.net)

[​IMG]

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

DETAILS ON THE CD RELEASE PARTY:

Saturday, Oct. 25th

The new CD, Lines Between Us, will be released at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Atlanta! Michael Levine will start with a solo set at 9pm, followed by the Michael Levine Band for 2 sets at 10pm.

The stage show will be enhanced with video projection by Integrated Visions Productions, from Athens, GA (www.integratedvisionsproductions.com).

The new CD will cost $5.00 at this show only!!!!
    New MLB t-shirts will be available too!
    Tickets will be $7.00, $10.00 if under 21.

Where:

Downtown
    Hard Rock Cafe/Velvet Underground
    215 Peachtree Street NE
    Atlanta, GA 30303
    404-688-7625

Velvet Underground is located right next door to the Hard Rock Cafe which is on the corner of Peachtree St and International in the heart of Downtown Atlanta. Parking is only $5 with Hard Rock Validation in the Peachtree Center Garage ONLY. (Peachtree Center Ave/International, across from Steak & Ale, 1 block east of Hard Rock Cafe)

Directions:
    From I 85/75 south take the Courtland St exit (249A). Follow Courtland two blocks to International Blvd and take a right. The Hard Rock Cafe is located two blocks up on the right at the corner of Peachtree St. and International Blvd.

From I 85/75 north take the International Blvd exit. Follow the Signs to International Blvd. The Hard Rock Cafe is located on your right at the corner of Peachtree St. and International Blvd.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

2. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Man.... Not even Thursday yet and my little 'self-plug' GIG SPAM got buried in 'misc' so soon...

!BUMP!

[​IMG]

PS, this is also a plug for The Atlanta's Best Halloween Party next weekend (the 31st): www.halloweenatlanta.com

...we played it last year and this year it is going to be a blast~!!!!

brought to you by the crazy-folks at : www.greenwoodentertain.com

3. The music AND the hat is worth a bump.

[​IMG]

4. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    OOPS!!! I forgot to mention this before...

This evening (Oct 25th), I'm doing an 'opener' gig at the Red Light Cafe with the Soul-funk Jazz group that I play with: THE SUBJECT

[​IMG]

AT:
    Red Light Café
    553 Amsterdam Ave
    Atlanta, GA 30306
    www.redlightcafe.com

We Start at 9pm tonight.

ALSO.... Tomorrow afternoon (Oct 25th), I have an afternoon gig with Nawlins-Funky: The Squirrelheads! (www.thesquirrelheads.com) at Wild Wing in Marietta... It is for their Clam and Oyster Afternoon Shindig... The Squirrels and I are playing from 2pm-6pm.

[​IMG]

Wild Wing Cafe
    2145 Roswell Road
    Marietta, GA 30062
    770/509-WING

www.wildwingga.com

Support your local TalkBass-ist!!

***Don't forget tomorrow night at the Hard Rock Cafe (ATL DownTown), The Micheal Levine Band CD Release Party, 9-12am!!!***

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Small follow up....

The Michael Levine Gig/CD release Party was a blast!!!! Everything went as planned, except for the cello player coming up to stage a couple tunes too early, but that was minor...

There were cats from Shut Eye Records bouncing around. Many women. About 200 people.

The Stage sound was amazing, Lighting show was explosive and the video projection art was 'trippy' (a little distracting at times, but cool).

Here are a couple shots from that evening... alot of the ones that Jami took were really dark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah and the other two gigs that weekend were ok, too!... 'The Subject' jazz gig at Red Light Cafe on Friday night wasn't the best one I have had with them, but it was a last minute gig. The Saturday Afternoon gig that I had before the Mike Levine gig, ended with just enough time to fly down 75 south to Downtown for the soundcheck and to change clothes... Just as planned!

:bassist:

Support your local TalkBass-ist!!

6. Thanks for the gig report(s). So where's the Halloween extravaganza being held (and are you wearing the hat again)? :D

7. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    This is from above:

This party is going to be the bomb, there are a bunch of bands playing... two stages, one inside and one outside. The bash is going to be at Mulligans in Decatur. Check the URL (www.halloweenatlanta.com) for details and directions!!!

About the hat... Well I have been almost too busy with gigs, day job and such that I haven't picked out my costume, so I might end up wearing the same again this year...

[​IMG]