!!ATL GTG 2004!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by j-raj, Jan 2, 2004.

1. March 19-21 2004

0 vote(s)
  2. March 26-27 2004

2 vote(s)
  3. April 2-4 2004

1 vote(s)
  4. April 8-10 2004

1 vote(s)
  5. April 16-18 2004 (*)

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Granted I know this sounds a tad bit premature, just as the dust settles from a long and drawn-out holiday season... But Man, we (us ATLiens) are over due for one, right?

Above are a list of 5 weekends to focus on to see what works out for everybody. Vote what works best for y'all.
  2. hey j-raj,

I'd love an excuse to drag the Conklin 8 and the Bee 8 to Atlanta. maybe there'd be room in the Explorer for the AccuGrooves, too...

from the lower and lower lows,

ps - there's a chance the Conklin 10 will be done by then... :eek:
  3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

the 10.... by then?

wow!, that would be great!!!

Maybe everyone else might be able to make it for that weekend with the "(*)"... hint hint.

we'll have to see...
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well, I already know that the weekend of April 16-18 is out for me.

I was thinking of starting this thread myself, too. You beat me to it. ;)

My apartment complex has a giant clubhouse that we could rent for $75 for the full day, too. It's a gigantic room with big screen tv, full kithen, 4 couches, etc. There also hotels and movie theaters right by my apartment, too.

Anyway, let's get the discussion going. :bassist:
  5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Any of those dates are good for me except the weekend of the 10th.
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Dang you bassmonkeee, dang you to heck....the 16-18th is the only time I can go!!!

...honestly, I'm cool with pretty much anytime, as long as it's set at least 4-6 weeks in advance.

Oh, and monkey-man, didn't know you had an iguana....wanker!

...I'll still be there, even though all you Jaw-juh yutzes bailed out on the TB/BC-GTG back in September! :p
  7. wow, me and a friend were talking about going to atlanta for the weekend sometime in march (its about a 3 hour drive from where im at in SC). i'd definitely like to come!

count me in!
  8. I'm good for any of those except the first weekend in April. Let's see what works for everyone else.
  9. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Bummer about that weekend, but the accomodations sound good and for $75, that's pretty good. Where is it on 85? Far from downtown, should cats want to sitesee?

(ps. saw Joe_Atlanta's gig friday night @ the 5 spot, it was really good!)

Bring it on... When in March where you planning on originally?

image if we were able to have cats from AL, GA, SC, TN, LA and FL at this GTG?

sorry 'bout sept, That must have been hip. were there any pix from that online?

RE: 'Jaw-juh yutzes'

I thought that was yiddish word for a pastry or sumptin... I really had to sound that one out.

Thanks for making it out last night, hope you and rene enjoyed it!

Maybe one of the rehearsal spots intown would be rented for cheap or wouldn't mind a dozen or so bassists slappin it for a few hours on a sunday or Saturday afternoon. I'm going to ask IAG, BlackBox, Metro and what ever the name of the one on Rankin Street is.
  10. very cool to see this taking shape!

from the Lousianne lows,

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this should probably be a mutliple choice poll so we can tell the most popular of the dates. i'm going to close this one and re-start it as a mult-choice poll, then tend to work better for this kind of thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.