Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATL TB Dinner GTG, Sept 8th

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by j-raj, Aug 24, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  2. *bump*

3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    For those that are still interested in making it out to the Vortex (L5p) Monday Sept 8th @ 7pm... there a couple questions and such that I would like to hear feedback on:

(1)What are elements of a instrument shop that you would consider makes them a "pro shop"?

(2)Other than Basses, Strings, Amps, Cabs, Combos and accessories... What other Products and or Services do you think that a "pro shop" should offer?

(3)How important do you feel Lessons are to offer at the Shop?

(4)Is a Retail store/physical location & internet presense more important than 'just' an internet presense or should they both happen?

Along with having 'feedback' for those questions, what are other questions you might have about this "Atlanta Bass Store/ProShop" concept?

Thoughts, gripes, input/output... etc.?
    LMK

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm game. i'll try to make it :)

5. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I should be able to make it...schedule permitting.

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Im down..

Stachio, if you want, we can run to my space afterwards if you want to check out the rig..

Thanks
    Tommy

7. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Sounds like a good plan ! Hopefully I won't be bogged down with classes.

8. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Deja Vu?

9. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    Count me in...

10. I think I'm gonna get in on this. I've got a few things I can offer in several areas.

11. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    I'll try and make it down. If for nothing else than to meet some of my fellow Atlanta low end dwellers.

12. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    If for nothing else, to meet each of y'all... But I would like to hear some input as well.

*Bring Gripes, throughts, fears, input, questions, what-have-you...

***Just bring your self and RSVP via pm.... So I can grab a table that can hold us all together.***

See ya next Monday!

13. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

I wish I could make it,but I have to work Monday night.
    I live in Knoxville,TN,but I can see myself making quite a few trips down to check out the store,and pick up some new tools that I need.
    Here's a possible idea to help fill up the floor,until you can decide on which lines to carry,and get their products on site.
    Let players in the area bring in their gear that they're trying to sell,and sell it for them on a consignment basis.
    Considering how finicky bass players are,and how we're ALWAYS swapping out gear,in our search for "the grail",I imagine that you could fill some of the sales floor up pretty quickly.
    Plus,after a player sells his stuff,he'll have cash in hand to put towards the latest,greatest,got to have,piece that you'll hopefully have in stock.
    You'll make the commision on the consignment,AND the profit from selling the new piece.It's a win/win situation.
    I'm already giddy about the thought of a bass pro shop,even if it is a 4 hour drive for me.If I had the capital to invest,I'd offer myself as a business partner.
    ...........now,if the Georgia Lottery folks would just get their act together,and draw my damn numbers. :D

14. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

.......I forgot to mention this idea also.As a grand opening extravaganza,see if you can find a hole in Adam Nitti's busy schedule.
    Maybe he'd be interested ($$$)in doing a store opening bass clinic.That'd sure as hell draw the crowd.:bassist:

15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Hambone, atldeadhead, Stachio, SoyBase, john turner, Joe_Atlanta, chardin....

Glad to hear y'all planning on stopping by the Vortex this Monday (the 8th) for dinner and a discussion and hopefully Siff and Bassmonkeee will make it as well.

I have been chatting with this really nice guy (Randy) who currently has a 'by-appointment' pro-dealership/bass shop that many of you might know of, called "BassAtlanta" (www.bassatlanta.com). Randy is planning on making it by as well for some grub and hear what y'all might have to say about the pro-shop concept.

Look forward to seeing y'all there....

16. Grimm

Grimm

Dec 6, 2002
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Thanks for the mention...

I'll give it a shot, but If I don't make it I'll check in to see how it went.

Have a great weekend-

17. Hey guys, I'll be there! Just got back from three days of eating my weight in Las Vegas buffets, so what do I need more right now than a Vortex burger? Nothing, I tell you! [​IMG]

18. *bump*

19. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Don't forget to RSVP (via PM) so I know how big of a table to reserve.

20. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hey, guys,

I'm not going to be able to make it today, I 'm afraid.

I'm working on a new project, and I simply don't have time today.

Have fun, and good luck, though!