Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Atlansia basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nonsqtr, May 20, 2004.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
  2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Human Ideas Know No Bounds!

The Oxford is just plain funny looking....but kinda cool :cool:

3. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    some gorgeous basses

4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Yeah, talk about playing in the box...

I like the Pentagone, and the various Victoria versions are pretty cool too.

So what's 400,000 Yen these days? Last I remember it was around 112 or so to the dollar, so we're talking roughly 3500 bucks (plus shipping and etc)?

5. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    I used to have a canary yellow fretless Stealth.
    Very lightweight but not very loud.
    Should have changed out the pickups.
    The neck was thin and fast but a little too round for my taste.

Robert VanLane

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I had one in the shop not to long ago. Not a bad bass at all. Different to say the lease, but had a great sound and comfortable feel. The bodies are very small, almost curbow-ish but a very smooth playing instrument.

7. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Has anyone something informative to say about the sound in those funny adjustable pickups? The round one-pickup-per-string type that can be turned 90 degrees? What sort of difference is there in the sound (attack, sustain, etc) when in either position?

Curious.

8. Seems to be alot of

Alembic
    Warwick Dolhpin and Warick Infinity in these bass.!!!

but they are s0o damn co0l...very quirky....not my cuppa tea but still its nice to have some really different in wood to compare with the Basslabs stuff.!!!

9. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Seems like the man who builds these(H.Nayashi) has some very cool forward thinking idea when it comes to instruments. I hope his idea and technologies finds it way into more basses because it certainly intrigues me. Just wish he had some better looking basses, although the Victoria bass isn't too bad looking. Well he does sell his parts, I would very interesting seeing someone use his parts in a more standard bass. Just look at this pickup, i'm very curious to hear what something like that sounds like.