Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Atlanta Area - Good Luthiers??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by atldeadhead, Jun 9, 2003.

1. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Howdy Atlanta TBers. I'm looking for a good luthier in town to work on my basses.

I live in the Alpharetta/Roswell area. Can any of you recommend a good luthier that's located close to my area of town?

Thanks.

2. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    bump

3. What sort of work were you looking to have done?

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    My guitar player, Jake, is the luthier at the Marietta Guitar Center. He does good work. He did a great fret job on my 6 string ABG.

5. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    I have a new MIM Fender 5 that is in desperate need of a setup. I think the nut is gonna need a little work done to it so the strings don't sit up as much. Right now the action on this thing is ridiculously high.

Most of the work I ever need involves setups. Although I know how to do that stuff I don't have the time or the patience to do as good a job as someone who does this on a regular basis.

So basically I don't need anything fancy, just someone who can take care of the "basics" doing quality work for a fair price.