atlanta get together for spring of 2004

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Jan 4, 2004.

1. march 6-7, 2004

12 vote(s)
  2. march 13-14, 2004

12 vote(s)
  3. march 20-21, 2004

14 vote(s)
  4. march 27-28, 2004

12 vote(s)
  5. april 3-4

14 vote(s)
  6. april 10-11

15 vote(s)
  7. april 17-18

14 vote(s)
  8. april 24-25

13 vote(s)
  9. may 1-2

14 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this is a remake of j-raj's thread about an atlanta get together. i've made the poll multiple choice, so you can pick the dates that you can attend and we'll see the most popular dates.
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    All good except for Mar. 13th and Apr. 10th weekends..
  3. I may be traveling during February and May. April is best for me. sure would be nice to meet some more low enders, though!

from the depths,

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Thanks JT!

Pretty much most all of those weekends work for me, except the two that fall on Jazz Fest (last weekend of April and first of May I think)...
  5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  6. ill see what i can do, though i doubt the beggining of march or the end of april/beggning of may will be good for me because ill have a lot going on with jazz band and graduation and prom etc etc etc

i hope i can make it though!
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I vote for April 19th. Why? It'll be my b'day, and after the GTG, you guys can leave me your stuff!
  8. hey Woodchuck,

my little brother, the one I'd stay with in Atlanta, celebrates his birthday on the 18th, thus that was my original vote for when it should be!

from the lows,

9. atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    My wife is due to give birth to our first child on April 30th. I doubt I'll have much free time around then. My vote is for anyone of the March dates.
  10. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I'm down for any time...

Where is this going to take place this year?

11. I'm good for any of those except April 10-11.
  12. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Hmmm. My Atlanta-based cousin's wedding is sometime this spring... I think in June, but not sure exactly.

I'll look into it.
  13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Good question... If we do it around a time that is good for Bassmonkeee, us Atlantans could foot the $75 rental fee and do it at his complex.

The IAG (Int'l Artist's Guild) doesn't rent their space to non-members... Soybase, ya got any pull there?

Soy, how about that place in b'tween where you practice and Avalon?
  14. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Here is the one where we used to rehearse..This space has live sound..Don't know the cost, though

I can't find the site for our space now, but I'll check at rehearsal on Wednesday..They have new owners so the space may be a rental room now..
  15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Avalon... I meant Avatar... You know what I mean.

I just got off of the phone with Joe Bruckner and he quoted two figures:

30x40 (22 foot ceilings)
    W/PA $300 for the day
    Without PA $150 for the day

From what Joe told me, this is the room that is rented out by Nat'l acts when they are coming through town.

255-B Ottley Drive
    Atlanta, GA 30324
    tel: 404-589-9450

What do y'all think?

Avatar is right off of 75, a minute from the crossing for 85, 5 minutes from route 20, 10 minutes away from 285 (the loop) and it is only 5 minutes from Dowtown, Little 5 Points and Buckhead.... Sounds like a centrally located rental space.
  16. hey j-raj,

I know nothing about Atlanta, so I'm going with the consensus on this one. I just need to know when it is so I can schedule gigs and sessions accordingly.

it's looking like we're going to have a New Orleans bass night on March 9th (a Tuesday... ugh!) and I know I have some travel around the same time, so April's better for me.

I'll leave location up to you cats!

from the lows,

17. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Here's an idea...we can get together 4/10 and talk about how great the Flecktones concert we all saw in Athens the previous Wednesday (4/5)was, and how sick Victor's chops are! Actually, just about all are fine for me. Looking forward to it!
  18. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I've been wondering when we were gonna get together again. Whatever you guys decide I will go with, hopefully it won't conflict with any gigs that may come up, as of right now though I'm pretty open. Let's do this!

19. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    It should mostly be dependent on where the get together is since the reliability of my car is inversely proportional to the distance travelled.
  20. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, I might make it down there, yo. I've got spring break somewhere in the listed weekends, and I might be in Port St. Lousy for a weekish, I'm sure my folks wouldn't mind me slipping out for a couple days to jam with you fellows.