Atlanta Gig announcement

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Sep 19, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hey, Atlanta,

My every other week gig schedule got rearranged, so we're playing tonight, instead of next Thursday. This gets us on track to play the Halloween Costume Party Gig (whoo hoo!).

Still at Birdi's in Decatur from 8-11. Still free. Still jazz and blues.

If you want to Mapquest your route to Birdi's, you can use the address: 121 Sycamore St, Decatur, GA

If you are even a little bit familiar with downtown Decatur: If you turn into the horseshoe parking lot next to the Courthouse on E Ponce, you will be facing Birdi's big blue neon sign (it's just down the stairs--this will make sense, I promise). Other establishments in the area include The Brick Store, Sage, and Raging Burrito.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eek: i wanted to make it tonight, but we have rehearsals. i'll try and get the tail end of it afterwards. does this mean you won't be playing next thursday?
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    yeah, we're not going to be playing next Thursday (9-26), but we will be playing the Thursday after that (10-3).

Don't kill yourself to make it, but it'd be cool if you could show up. It is short notice, so I understand.
  4. I'm there, dude, as always. How about some of you other Atlanta types show up and keep me company? It's a very good time and the band is smokin'.
  5. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I'm gonna try to make it. I should be there, just not sure when.
  6. I can't make it tonight. I've got to pick up someone from the airport. I'm so bummed!!!

I'll see if we can't make it to the next one though!

7. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I'd love to be there, but got two boys playing ball right now, and somehow, the games always fall on Thursday nights! Any of you guys have a weekend gig? I'd love to see you in action!