Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

:::ATLANTA GIG-SPAM/ Dec 19th @ the 5 spot:::

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 16, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    ::::::::ATLANTA::::::::GIG-SPAM::::::::ATLANTA::::::::GIG-SPAM::::::::ATLANTA::::::::GIG-SPAM::::::::ATLANTA::::::::

[​IMG]

HEY Y'ALL,

This Friday (the 19th) the funk/fusion/gangsta-acidjazz group that I play with, 'The Subject', is doing a gig at THE 5 SPOT in Little Five Points (ATL) from 9:30pm-12:30am.

The Five Spot is located at:

1123 Euclid Avenue
    Little 5 Points, Atlanta, GA
    404-223-1100
    www.myspot.com/fivespot/FIVEWEB.html

[​IMG]

'The Subject' is:

( from left to right )

Tommy Wright on Drums
    Chrisko on Keys
    Jairaj on Bass
    Jordan Shallop on Sax
    Adam Knight on Guitar

:::::::::::::Sample Soundclips:::::::::::::

http://www.jairaj.net/music/andromdea.mp3
    http://www.jairaj.net/music/paradise.mp3
    http://www.jairaj.net/music/ChainReaction.mp3

:::::::::::::Sample Soundclips:::::::::::::

Hope to see some TB’ers showing some ‘fellow TB Support’!!

[​IMG]

...Or for more info regarding times, dates, directions and such, check out my website:

www.jairaj.net

::::::::ATLANTA::::::::GIG-SPAM::::::::ATLANTA::::::::GIG-SPAM::::::::ATLANTA::::::::GIG-SPAM::::::::ATLANTA::::::::

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    You know how I feel about the Five Spot. :D

Unfortunately, I'll be in NYC that night. So, obviously, I won't make it. :meh:

Jabla's going to be playing at the Five Spot on New Year's Eve (from 9:30-10:30), though, if you've got nothing better to do.

Here's a great map to link if people don't know where they are going, too:

http://www.l5p.com/areamap.html

The Five Spot is #86 on the map.

3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    :::::::Wednesday evening bump::::::::

Thanks Jason!!!

yeah I caught bassmonkeee at the 5 spot a couple months back.... What an awesome venue it is!! Oh Yeah, what an awesome group Jabla Trio is, and the bassist ain't too shabby too!

:D

.......news flash!

Actually I'll be doing BBQ blues gig at Maddies in Decatur, tonite!, (on Scott Blvd. next to Adam's Garden of Eatin). The gig is from 7-10pm... Great BBQ, Beer, Blues...

4. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    ::::::::: DAY OF GIG BUMP! :::::::::

[​IMG]

Hey Y'all,

Come out to my gig tonight!

We are going to play a bunch of our new jazz/funk/groove/gangsta/fusion originals as well as some our favorite covers from Scofield, Greyboy Allstars, Grover Washington, LL Cool J, Groove Collective....

****If you come up to me during set breaks and identify yourself as a TB'er, I'll buy you a drink (offer void on Johnny Walker Blue and Gold Labels)****

:D :D :D

5. Hmmmm, lay around the shanty or drag my tired butt out to hear some good music (and get a free drink).....:D

BTW, my group Ficciones will be at the Five Spot on Jan 2nd.

6. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Joe,

Yeah, Come on out, it's free... so is that drink!

I usually play at Front Page News (with the Nawlins cover band) every first friday of every month (for the last 19 month's), but the 2nd we are going to skip cause we are playing FPN NYE's Bash a couple days beforfe (thank you zydefunk!)... SOOO that means I'm going to try and make it out to see the Ficciones at the Five Spot on Jan 2nd.

....And to the rest of you ATL-TB'ers, come out and see us play, chill and have a beer!!

:D :bassist: :D :bassist: