Atlanta Gig Spam for Dec. 24

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hambone, Dec 14, 2002.

1. I'm stoked about this little gig so I thought I'd share it.

I'll be performing at Lutheran Church of the Apostles in Dunwoody with their New Life Singers and other choral and instrumental contributors for the Contemporary Christmas Eve service from 5:30 to 7:30. This is an honor for me since this isn't my church and the opportunity comes by invitation. We'll be doing several contemporary Christmas anthems along with other more familiar pieces. The church is small but has great acoustics. That alone would draw my interest since it's soooo different from my home church.

Wish me luck cuz it's a stripped down ensemble and bass is gonna be way out front!
  2. Good luck, Hammy, and play well! I'm gonna be out of town or else I'd come check it out. I'm not much for religion but I've got nothing against venturing into a church for a good cause! :)
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Good luck, Hammy! I'll be in NYC for XMas. What Dave said, too.

Knock 'em dead (can you say that about a church gig? ;) )!
  4. I'd be happy if the congregation wasn't permanently scarred from watching/hearing a massive train wreck. :rolleyes:
  5. Cool Hammy! I'll be in Tampa....sniffle....Waht Dave and Bassmonkeee said! :D

Have a great gig!

6. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I'm with you man! I've got my own church gig for the 24th, but I'll be there with you in spirit. If you can't "knock 'em dead", well at least slap 'em around a little! :D

BTW, the 5-string neck you sold me lo these many months ago FINALLY made it into the neck pocket of my, ahem, creation. Trying to do a project while balancing 3 active kids and two bands makes for a very drawn out project. Haven't routed the control cavity yet, but everything looks pretty good (for my first attempt anyway!) I'll buzz you when I'm finished and bring it over, and hopefully it'll be before the Summer '03 TB get-together!
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck hammy - barbara and i will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on the 24th, unfortunately in pennsylvania :/ still, good luck on the gig, sounds like it will be a fun one
  8. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Ok, I admit it. We all got together and thought it'd be hilarious to to skip town and leave you here all alone! ;)