Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Atlanta GTG--It's time...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, May 9, 2005.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Okay, folks. It's that time of year, again. JT's got another new bass that we all want to get greasy with our finger oils, so we need to hook up.

I looked into getting the clubhouse at my apartment complex, but it's waaay too close to the office (as in they share a door)for us to turn anything up past 1, and that's no fun, is it? Not that it has to get loud to be fun, but these things tend not to work well if we have to "keep it down."

Unfortunately, this means that I don't have a place to offer for us to use.

Anyone have any suggestions, or want to volunteer?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No clue. But I'm in. I've got nothing better to do.

I'm good for a couple basses and an amp or something. If you waited until Sept. I could be 21 and not a bar liability (again).

If it happens in June, and you were willing to drive an hour, I might be able to offer up a good sized place in Tennessee, about 45m/1hr out of ATL. Mitigating factors being what they are.

3. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    count me in depending where it is :)

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Roscoe will be sending a representative, hopefully carrying a few samples...

:hyper:

...a 4-5 drive sure will beat a 7-8 hour one!

:)

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I hear that. Well, if it's in June. If it's in June, I'm solid, it'll just be 45 minutes.

6. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    My old lady wants me to go w/ her and a gang of her friends to the atlanta music fest thing (when's that?); should schedule it around then, i'd stop by, and it would give us all something else to do as well :)

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Where exactly are you moving to? There isn't any place in TN that you can get to Atlanta in 45 minutes. Unless, of course, you are planning to drive 140 mph.