1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Atlanta Guitar Works?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by samick, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Hi all!
    I haven't posted her in awhile, so I've decided to come back!:D

Has anybody taken the 6 week course from AGW? If so, is it a good school? Is it worth it for the (around) $6,000 admission price?

I'm a senior in high school, and I plan on applying here when I graduate. I've been doing a little bit of research, and It seems that this school is pretty reputable.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. I don't know much about this school. The only thing I can recommend is that you research several schools offering similar studies. If they are reputable, they'll supply an alumni list so you to contact former students. They will generally be honest. For example, my daughter wanted to go to a cosmetics school and upon contacting an alum from the school she wanted to go to, the alum told her the school was overpriced and there were other, cheaper alternatives.

I'm not saying the school you're asking about is overpriced. I'm merely suggesting that you make sure you've looked at alternatives before spending your money.

3. Check out the Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery. When I attended tuition was about $9,000 and it's a 5-month course covering repair and both acoustic and electric construction. The website has galleries of student instruments, instructor instruments, and links to companies that graduates have started.

www.roberto-venn.com

4. piper555

piper555

Nov 11, 2008
    Luthiers International.com