Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ATLANTA/ MARIETTA GA music stores

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JHMAVRO, Dec 20, 2001.

1. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    Hey every body, I'm on leave from infanrty school at fort Benning And I need to get to a music store, Any suggestionns?? Im in Dallas, GA so the Marreitta/ Dallas area is pretty much what I'm looking for , thanks..

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Hey, I just saw your drill Sgt, and he said "GET YOUR ASS BACK DOWN HERE!!" :D

If you're in Marietta, you have the usual Enormo-Dome stores like Guitar Center and Mars Music, both on U.S. 41. There's also Ken Stanton Music in Marietta, but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know what it's like now.

Maybe some of the Atlanta guys can help more...

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Well, I live in Marietta. There is Guitar Center and Mars on Hwy 41. Ken Stanton is on Roswell St right outside the Marietta square. When it comes to basses, you're kind of out of luck besides going to Mars or Guitar Center. You can check out Midtown Music on North Druid Hills in Atlanta, they usually have some really cool vintage gear. I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Tommy

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Actually, I was in Ken Stanton last Saturday, and they have a nice collection of Peavey and Fender basses. Quite a few Cirruses (Cirri?) and they have a Steve Harris PBass. They will definitely be set up better than anything at the Marietta GC, or MARS.

5. Yeah, basically all that's in Atlanta is the Guitar Center and Mars Music on Hwy. 41, plus the Ken Stanton on Roswell Street. Never been to Midtown Music. There's also a Jenning's Music store on Canton Road, but I've never been there. Check out www.jenningsmusic.com for directions if you're interested in checking it out.

EDIT: Spelling.

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Don't waste your time with Jennings music. They have nothing of interest to a bass player. Period. They shoot more for the band market (lots of schools in the area, and little competition).

I know many a player who were screwed pretty hard by Jennings music when they were younger, and didn't know any better. Avoid them at all cost.

7. Yikes! :eek: Thanks for telling me. I could have been screwed pretty hard.

That was sick of me... :oops: