Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Atlanta TB'ers.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hey fellow lowenders, I'll be at the Apache Club (old Ying Yang spot on 3rd St.) this Friday. I'll be playing with my jazz/soul/funk band Chiedza. I'll also be playing an Eshenbaugh 5 as well as my Lakland Skyline, so you'll get a chance to check them out. Damages are 5 bucks. Thanks.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Mark Eshenbaugh himself will be there too. He's making sure that my bass is top notch in a gig situation.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'll try to make it out. But, I have to have my girlfriend at the airport at 6:15am on Saturday, so no promises.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that sounds like fun. i'll try to make it.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Thanks. Leave that double necked beast @ home. It frightened me at the Nashville NAMM show. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I cried that night.

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ah, but if you only knew the pleasure of double-lovin' :D

7. John Turner, you are a sick, sick man. :D

8. Blast! I'm already committed to something. (No..not the insane asylum) :D

Break a leg! I'll be thinking about you. Sorry I can't make it. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch you the next time.

Lisa

9. Lisa, what a small world, I'm in Lawrenceville as well!

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Sorry I didn't make it out. My girlfriend reminded me that getting up at 5am is not one of my stronger abilities, and so I opted to stay home. Let me know the next time you have a gig, and I'll try to make it.

How's the new bass?

11. Cool! I think that the next get together is going to be in Snellville, if Hambone is still planning on hosting. You'll have to come...I expect we'll be having one when John's new bass gets here! :D

Lisa

12. Sounds great, I look forward to meeting the Atlanta TBers. And to think, you're a Bloom County fan too!

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Opus the penguin is my lord and saviour!

14. I'm playing this Sunday (2/17) at the Masquerade. BSR is going on at about ten and its all ages and costs six bucks to get in.
    And I'm going to have my van by then so I can actually carry my whole disgusting big stage rig.