1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Atomic Amplifire Bass Box at NAMM

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimfist, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Thanks @jimfist !
    Stay healthy!
    Brent

jimfist likes this.
  2. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I would be very happy if they upgraded to the Amplifire 6/12 platform for the bassbox. Some added effects & drive blocks would be awesome. And yes, still waiting for my invite.......

jimfist and bassgiant15 like this.
  3. Matches

Matches

Mar 17, 2012
    Portland, Or
    If this pedal had the modeling that duplicates the Alembic Superfilter, I would order one today.

4. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Got one of these incoming today. Pretty excited!

Also, being a Luddite, a little nervous. I already downloaded free IR’s from Shiftline. But the manual seems pretty straightforward and will require some time/effort on my part.

I had an Olympic pre for a minute and really enjoyed the two cab choices on the Olympic.

Any other good free IR’s you guys can recommend?

jimfist and bassgiant15 like this.
  5. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Congrats!!! You are going to LOVE it! This is the best DI pedal! I like it more than any other one I have. I've actually only used the stock IRs, but they are really good IMO. I'm sticking with them at the moment.

I haven't tried the Olympic pre before. Looks cool though!

jimfist and The Diaper Geni like this.
  6. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Forgive if this has been brought up before. How does the bassbox take to dirt & other effects? I'm assuming it would react just like the amp it is emulating, but wondered. Do any of you feel the need to use an external compressor, or is the built in seem to do well?

bassgiant15 likes this.
  7. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    The Olympic is great. But “tonestack” only EQ’s are not for me.

I want to hear the Boogie 8x10 cab IR!

jimfist, bassgiant15 and BrentSimons like this.
  8. bassgiant15

Dec 19, 2005
    I don't use dirt too much in my tone. Most of what I want comes from my Spector basses naturally. I do like to use delay, chorus, wah, phaser, flanger, reverb, and other effects though. I only have an AX8 now though and all my effects come from it. I'll hook both up soon and do some demos using various effects to see how it works with the bass box. I don't think I need another compressor either. The bass box does a great job with compression.

9. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    For effects I mainly use chorus/flange, although If I could find the right envelope filter for some funkier stuff that would be cool too. I'm sure that would translate well with the bassbox. No need to do sounds clips unless you really want to just for the hell of it. I do like to layer some dirt/grind on top of my tone, so I'm wondering how that would sound. I'm sure it would be just like a normal amp. Thanks again for all your input. It's killing me waiting for my number to be called. To ad insult to injury, I keep missing them used on TB.:banghead:

bassgiant15 and BrentSimons like this.
  10. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    So I downloaded Shiftlines IR pack. But they won’t load onto the ABB. I the following message. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance from this Luddite!

7A027D38-E7B4-4624-81F6-98A0F6F798AD.jpeg

BrentSimons likes this.
  11. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    no problems loading on my end:

upload_2020-8-23_9-6-58.png

did you unzip the downloaded folder before trying to load them? Or, you may have a corrupted download, so try downloading the ShiftLine IRs again, unzip the folder and see if that fixes it. Also, just to confirm, you don't want the download that is CabZone LE compatible.

Also, I just noticed that you have Editor Version 1.2.0.1, and mine is 1.2.0.0 . I had no idea that Atomic released an update to the editor, which includes a stock "Bypass" IR as one of its selection. GREAT! I knew this was in the works, but had no idea it was already released.

FWIW, I was able to load the Shift Line IRs on both editor versions.

BrentSimons and The Diaper Geni like this.
  12. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Thanks for the response! I’ll check your suggestions out tonight. I’m assuming user error on my part, for sure. Now that I think of it I may not have unzipped those files?

jimfist likes this.
  13. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    And I just got mine a few days ago from the TB classifieds. So the previous owner must have downloaded the latest version.

bassgiant15 and jimfist like this.
  14. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I finally picked up a used Bassbox on TB.:hyper: Thanks TXbasstone. Looking forward to getting some time with the bassbox when it get's here. I have some 3 Sigma Audio Orange 8x10 IRs left over from my Fractal Audio AX8 days, so I'll be definitely trying those out. Hoping the compressor works well enough I can let my MXR Studio Comp go and free up a spot on the pedalboard as well. I should have some feedback on the bassbox by next weekend. Super Stoked.:bassist:

BrentSimons, bassgiant15 and jimfist like this.
  15. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    @jimfist, thanks again for your suggestions. As it turned out I did not unzip those files. Duh!!!

I really dig the Shiftline IR’s more than the Atomic IR’s.

BrentSimons and jimfist like this.
  16. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Glad you got it sorted out. Yeah, I checked out the ShiftLine IRs while I was at it and they've got a nice variety of choices there.

BrentSimons and bassgiant15 like this.
  17. bassgiant15

Dec 19, 2005
    Im going to have to play around with the Shift Line IRs. I also have some from ML soundlab, Valhalla, Redwirez, and Ownhammer. I really like the stock IRs though.

BrentSimons likes this.
  18. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    I don't have any experience with an EQ that's found with the third EQ Mode. I get the Bass and Treble but not how the midrange works. From the manual: "The knobs are BASS, FREQ, Q, TREBLE and act like a 3-band EQ with adjustment for the level of the bass band and the treble band, but the mid level is fixed. FREQ adjusts the center frequency of the midrange band from 254Hz to 2.3kHz with Q adjusting the bandwidth between 0.333 to 3.0."

So the mid level is set at a specific cut or boost and you can control the frequency and Q of the cut or boost, correct?

19. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Hey guys, got my Bass box today. A little underwhelmed, but probably operator error on my part. I should read the manual a little I suppose.:D The box feels solid and drives a power amp well. I'll look into some IR's to install and play around the next few days. If anyone has any preferred setting, & IRs, feel free to share.

bassgiant15 likes this.
  20. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I’ve been curious about this as well, since none of the lit seems to say. I assume it’s a boost that can likely be affected by the Bass/Treble controls, but would like to know!

bassgiant15 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021