Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

att M.M.: Live Attention Deficit show(s) ??

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Lackey, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    NOTHING could be better IMO! I don't know that you ever played a live gig with Tim and Alex, and what with Primus reforming and Alex doing his jazz guitar work, there may not be time, BUT IT WOULD BE INCREDIBLE! Maybe next year, opening for a band like Tool. That would be GREAT exposure, I would certainly have tickets the minute they were out. ahh,, dreams......

2. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    How would Tool be able to follow that? What a joke....

3. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    ?? Joke?? I'm not saying that Tool goes on after because they're better , they're going on after because they are more WELL KNOWN. Not only that, but they seem to be open to many different types of music, evidenced by Danny Carey playing with Scott Henderson and Kirk Covington of Tribal Tech (Gary Willis' band)AND Adrian Belew & Les Claypool, Maynard with his side projects, Adam Jones who used to play with Tom Morello from RATM, and Justin Chancellor who's English.(kidding). They've had vastly different bands such as King Crimson, Tomahawk and Meshuggah open for them in the last couple years alone! So, It seems to me that Tool would be a great band to open for, hopefully their fans (like me) would be more open to Attention Deficit than say Justin Timberlakes fans would be :rolleyes: . Gee man, I was just saying how incredible I thought it would be for them to share a stage together,, didnt mean to stress you out.

I think they would make a point to the world that a fusion band could hold their own against an uber band like Tool. The place would be jaw-dropped when they went into Risk of Failure too. powerful stuff....

4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, guys. We've been working on setting up some shows for Attention Deficit and hopefully it will happen in the not too distant future. Please stay tuned!