att RHCP fans....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, May 22, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    did you ever hear of the song melancholy mechanics? i didn't. i just picked up the soundtrack from the movie "twister" at a flea market and it has a chili pepper song on it that i never knew existed. some fan i am. i gotsta go kick myself in the ass a few times now. bad joe nerve! bad, bad!
  2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Oh yes, that album also has Long Way Down by the Goo Goo Dolls, and Humans Being by Van Halen. Both are great songs.

My favorite RHCP song, Soul to Squeeze, is on the Coneheads soundtrack.
  3. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I believe Melancholy Mechanics is from the One Hot Minute era, the guitar part definitely sounds like Dave Navarro. Not that great of a song, though, if you ask me. :bag:
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    What do you 'real' fans of the RHCP think of "Mommy, Where's Daddy"?
    (I think that's the name of the's on an early album).
  5. AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    I've heard a lot about that song, but have never actually heard it myself. Although the 'One Hot Minute' era definitley isn't my favorite (Mothers Milk to Blood Sugar Sex Magik and the Californiacation eras were the best, IMO), it's still a solid CD (Aeroplane, Falling Into Grace, Walkabout, and Shallow Be Thy Game are great songs if you ask me). I've heard mixed opinions on the song, just like you hear mixed opinons on the Dave Navarro era of the band.
  6. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I used to be very heavily into the rhcp about ten years ago. I've seen them live and thought Dave Navarro was outstanding.
    I saw them a few years later with John Frusciante(SP?) and to be honest he made absolutely no impression. I was fairly dissapointed by him. It wasn't that he did anything particularly badly. He just didn't do anything to make me sit up and notice. He had absolutely no presence.
    Maybe it's because I was such a freak for Jane's addiction before that. Maybe they were just having an off night.
  7. AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    Well, if their "Live At Slane" DVD is anything to go by, John Frusciante usually steals the spot-light in almost all of the songs.
  8. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    IMO the first 3 albums (RHCP, Freaky Styley and Uplift Mofo) are the best for the bass player in all of us. Hillel ruled the six string. Mommy Where's Daddy is a classic and live it was a jam that went on forever. I got to see them behind Hollywood High School in the late 80's for about 3 songs before the cops came and busted it up.

9. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    WHAT??? I've never heard of that song either. I'd better get going to hear it. I thought I was a big fan too. These keep popping up. I found another one I didn't know about over the summer. It was on a Cd I had, The Bevis and Butthead Experience. Search and Destroy, an Iggy Pop cover I believe. Wow, 2 in one year, I'm not much of a fan I guess.

That would have been amazing.
  10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I love that song. It's on the first cd - Red Hot Chili Peppers.