Attach wheels

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbassabuse, Dec 30, 2004.

1. I currently own an Ashdown Mag 250 combo with a 1x15 in it. However, I have to carry it large distances very often, so how would I go about putting some wheels on the bottom?

Many thanks.
  2. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Came across the same problem with my B150, instead of putting wheels on the bottom I bought a sack borrow. :)

You can get one for about £25-30 from a Tool company and it means there isn't any chance of your amplifier rolling off somewhere.
  3. Now theres an idea!! I'd prefer wheels as my guitar players and drummer won't be able to steal the bloody thing and have a mini rampage on it!!

I'll probably use your idea as it sounds easier. Cheers.
  4. If you go the caster route, spend a little extra and get good sealed bearing, heavy duty casters...with 3" wheels, minimum.

Get proper t-nut anchors. Bolt it together snug. Trust me, regular wood screws will tear out eventually.
  5. Antonius

Nov 26, 2002
    +1 on the good quality casters.

I drilled holes through the bottom of my Trace 15" cab, and used pretty sturdy nuts & bolts to attach the casters. Had to take out the speaker to get this done, as I didn't want to risk wood screws breaking loose (things like that tend to happen when it's most inconvenient).
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    +2 on the quality casters. And 3-inchers are good, the 2-inchers tend to get hung up on sidewalk seams and doorway strips, while the 3" ones glide right over them.