1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Attaching dunlop 105q bass wah to board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mattbass97, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    I have a Dunlop 105q bass Wah and I want to attach it to my flight case pedalboard. I will be using Velcro but in order to use Velcro I have to remove the rubber feet on the Wah, now as soon as I remove the feet the screws become too long to go all the way into the pedal. This leaves the back plate loose and makes the pedal insecure. So what's the best Way for me to attach my Wah??? And what ways have you used? Btw Velcro is my I only option I'm not going to use any other method

Cheers

2. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah I had this problem a few years ago and solved it in the following way:

Remove stupidly long screws. Discard
    Attach baseplate to pedal using duct or electrical tape (I used electrical as when removed it should not take any paint from the housing with it).
    Apply velcro to base of pedal. VOILA.

I promise you, in 4 odd years of lugging around my pedalboard, not once has the baseplate come loose from the wah, being only held together by tape.

It's that or cut down your screws, or take them to a hardware store and ask for the same design but a a few cm shorter.

OR: Wah Pedal Mounting Plates - Dunlop, RMC's, Vox, Budda and others.

3. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Thanks! I never thought about the tape idea I like it :) I'm going to give it a try later thanks again!

4. Take the pedal with you to a hardware store. They sell screws. Buy shorter ones that fit.

5. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I tried the tape on mine at one point. Didn't hold and the pedal ended up sliding around. Bought shorter screws.

6. You can cut small screws with angle snips or use a hacksaw and make them shorter.

7. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    I did the tape method and it worked perfectly its a really strong hold and all I used was a couple of strips of white electrical tape