Attack Decay / Slow Engine

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aigre-Doux, May 27, 2020.

1. Aigre-Doux

Aigre-Doux

Nov 1, 2018
    Hello i've been looking around for some auto swell effects.
    I've heard that some of those effects don't work really well with polyphonic arrangements. Some of them have a hard time working with chords for exemple.
    I've been really interested in two pedals but there's almost no review or demos on bass.

Malekko Sneak Attack
    this one is also a tremolo, but i don't know if it works in poly mode

EHX Attack Decay
    this one seems to have a poly mode

Im open to other suggestions, but the poly mode is not negociable.
    Thanks.

2. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    A volume swell is not a polyphony sensitive effect, it detects your pluck, then swells whatever sound is present after. If you strum a chord, the whole thing will fade in; if you have a bunch of noise that triggers the swell, it will all fade in.

The Sneak Attack gives you a wide range of control to simulate the volume attach of some other instruments, and synth like plucks. It works well for the most part, but does have an audible click sometimes when your attack is cut off quickly.

The EHX has an added feature called poly. This allows a second, third and fourth pluck to trigger individual swells on new notes, while sustaining the original plucks - similar to manually swelling in one note into a delay or reverb that is sustaining.

Go for the EHX.

sunbeast likes this.
  3. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Or, you could just get a volume pedal and swell it your self

gebass6 and Vinny_G like this.
  4. Aigre-Doux

Aigre-Doux

Nov 1, 2018
    Thanks @Alien8 I'm going for the EHX I found I good one on the local used market.

5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I’ve been using a mooer slow engine for a few years.
    As it’s a volume related pedal, it makes no difference how many notes you play.
    As a former cellist, I searched for clones of the slow gear, to emulate that sound.
    None of the usual suspects- guyatone/ Behringer worked well enough for me- which included the volume pedal method. on top of this, the mooer cost less than a decent, solid volume pedal

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021