Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention 5 stringers, your tuner is here

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by danman, Dec 29, 2004.

1. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    So I got a fender floor tuner for christmas. Its model number is pt-100. Its more or less all the functions of the boss.

The reason I post is because of the b string. I strike it with any other tuner and I have that lag on the tuner. You know: wait for the tuner to pick up the B string after you hit it. Some other tuners I used needed 5+ secconds before it registered the B.

I just wanted to spread the word that this tuner will register a low B string as soon as you strike the string. Its pretty awesome. And this all for 50 bux.

I have never seen a tuner react that quickly to a low b.

danman

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Well, I have no trouble on my 7 string with the TU-2 --but the tuner you posted does have a much better price!

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Cool - thanks, Dan.

I'm still running an old Peterson Strobo', and I really should upgrade. It's beginning to rattle a little now - I'll bet these Strobos are pretty expensive to get repaired now-days.

I should probably save it for drum tuning while it still works. There's nothing like a strobo for drums! (I don't play drums, but maybe I could get my drummer to start tuning his set someday soon.)

Joe

5. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Thats either odd or the one I bought and sent back was a dud because I could not get it to track not only the b string but any of the other strings I tried. I just assumed it was another worthless to Bass player's tuner only made with guitars in mind, maybe I should try another one.

6. thanx man alot for this thread i was debatin on whether or not the buy it and i was looking for reviews and you jsut gave me what i needed thanx.

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have this tuner also. Works gud.

8. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    my $25.00 Korg stage tuner works just as well, no lag.

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Just out of interest how much of this fender tuner's casing and switch is plastic?

10. Pearly Gator

Pearly Gator

Dec 10, 2005
    SoCal
    Speaking of cheap bass tuners....

My local G***** Center is selling the Korg GA-30 tuners for $14.99. It's made for g***** or bass and goes down to low B. I noticed no lag and got it out the door for $10. Accuracy is advertized as +/- 1 cent.

PG

11. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    I have a Korg DTR-1000 rackmount tuner, and it had a hard time tracking a low A when I first bought it. Last night, it was tracking low E (an octave below a four string's lowest string) and F when I was re-tuning to G# (when I was intonating my bass to G#). I was amazed and very happy, to say the least.

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I bought a Sabine RT7000 that arrived Thursday at my door at 3:00pm.
    At 4:00pm it was back in the box to be shipped back. I tried to like it because I hate returning things. First off, it didn't seem to read any note right away and had big problems with the B string. It was also difficult for me to read the display. It was big enough but no matter what note was displayed the light seemed to shine through the segments that where supposed to be dark. If I closed one eye and squinted the other, I could make it out OK. I just couldn't imagine going through that hassle on stage. Also the A/B switching didn't work like I thought it would. I guess that's my fault for not fully understanding the function of the two inputs.
    Anyway the tuner built into my Boss ME50B works much better so I will just use that for now.

13. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Are you serious? Upgrade to what? Is there a better tuner than a Peterson Strobo? I love my Virtual Strobos (V1 & Stomp). Maybe you should try one of them.... No problem with the B string tracking!!!!!!