Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kink Rimson, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Hello...
    Would it be possible for any Alembic players out there to post some soundclips/pics of their basses? I'm really drawn to these beautiful basses but the only sounds I've heard from them are Stanley Clarke slapping tones, I'm sure they can do much more! :hyper:

Or alternatively, just show them off ;)
  2. mrphattay

mrphattay Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Hi. You should get a world of help from the kind folks at this site.
    However, if you want to expand your search, I Suggest that you check out the Alembic Site ( Once there, click onto the Club Membership section. There you'll find hundreds of Alembic owners; many eager to demonstrate what their babies can do. You'll get a wide variety of styles from many different model Alembics. I've found this group very accommodating.
    -Just a thought. Good luck.
  3. Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  5. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Am I the only one in the world who doesn't like Alembics? They sound a little too . . . old for my tastes. Plus, I got to play one last year, and I didn't like the feel or the finish at all. Oh well. Continue rocking.
  6. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've been quite happy with it; to the extent I'm thinking of thinning the herd, again.
  7. Cheers people... Keep em comin! :bassist:
  8. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    That is by far one of the best bass tones I have ever heard. I officially hate you now for giving me the worst GAS ever heard of.
  9. AlembicBob

Dec 28, 2004
    MA, US
    To really appreciate an Alembic, you need to hear the variety of tones it can produce. They are just *so* versatile, and responsive to playing style. I can go from Motown P-Bass to Ric twang on one bass without changing strings.

If there's one tone you're looking for, there are a lot of choices out there, but I don't think anyone else is as versatile.
  10. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I dig it :0

Flea used an Alembic on One Hot Minute right? Freaking love that tone with the songs he played, fit right in.
  11. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    I'm with AlembicBob - they have an amazing sonic pallette. To be honest, I find too much variety (which is not a bad thing exactly) ;) . I get my Mark King Signature Standard to do everything I want without going to the Q filters. It sounds pretty amazing just using the balance and tone controls. They are wonderful instruments - it wasn't until I got one that I found out how versatile they are. Unfortunately I don't have any audio samples available.

12. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I just noticed the bass player from pinback is using an alembic in their new video for "AFK." You can hear it on iTunes. I'm not 100% on alembic identification, but it looks like a mark king maybe.
  13. Its the real money-worth instruments off the market.
    They have not the identical sounding to any bass, fruitful charactors, not fancy but never borring.
  14. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I really need to figure out how to post mp3s :(
  15. Here are some samples from songs wich I recorded with my Alembic Orion 5 string.
    Really a versatile bass....well crafted

For all the Dutch people
    De bas staat Te Koop!

The website is Dutch, but just push 'live' (in red), and you will find mp3 clips from our last demo from one of my bands.