Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention all Lefties!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andrew, Apr 13, 2004.

1. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    we are trying to organize enough lefty bassists interested in getting a lakland skyline hollowbody to sign up on the dudepit bass site (www.thedudepit.com ) in the southpaw's attic forum.

lakland has agreed to make a batch of the skyline hollowbody in lefty if we can get 30 orders. if you think you're interested in this bass please email me or post at the 'pit.

as you likely already know, a lefty hollowbody bass is very hard to come by. so this is a great opportunity for us to get an excellent bass that will certainly prove to be collectible in the future (being there will only be 30 made).

please go to www.lakland.com to check out the specs on the bass.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I would order in a heartbeat, but I'm just a poor college kid.

Edit: Unless, of course, someone is willing to donate...

:bag:

3. bleepo

bleepo

Feb 6, 2003
    Calgary
    i'm in the same boat... :meh:

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wish I could help. I am a lefty, but I play right handed.

5. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    What will be the aprox. price?

6. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Me too!It's pretty sweet

7. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    the street price will be about $1100 on these basses.

yes, if we can pull this off i think we'd end up with a really great bass. all the righty owners rave about how great they are.

this is also about our voice as a lefty consumer being heard. my hope is that we can point out to manufacturers that if they give us choices as well it'll be worth their while.

for more info please go to www.thedudepit.com bass forum. there's a thread on this instrument in the southpaw's attic forum. any lefty who can drop into that thread to post an opinion/hello/support of the idea would be greatly appreciated.
    please drop by.