Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention all UK Tbers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Jun 4, 2005.

1. :D

Matthew

2. Heh, I had that as my msn avatar for a while... ugh I hate that thing. My sister wants to get the single... :help: It's not just the UK TBers who have to deal with stoopid Crazy Frog!

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Haha, I'm so happy to see that. Although if one good thing did come of it, it's that i did learn a killer version of the Beverly Hills Cop theme.

4. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I must be turning into a hermit or something - I've never actually had the misfortune to hear it! And, from what I've heard, I'd like to keep it that way!

Russ :bassist:

5. Leeum

Leeum

Aug 21, 2004
    England, UK
  6. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    You are the envy of every person with channel 4 and all SKY channels.

I hate this. I try to just laugh or else i will just cry, yet to no avail.

7. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I have C4 and Sky, and yet all I watch is BBC1 for Doctor Who and Eastenders. And even those I could download! Thanks for pointing out that I could be saving £40 a month! :D

Russ :bassist:

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    First ******* Schnappi das Krokodil, now this friggin' toad!

They first advertise the ringtone, and a month later they bring out the single. Aarg :mad:

Why?

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    They advertise that terrible Jammster thing here in the US too. They had ads on Hotmail for forever, and I saw some terrible commercials for it on tv yesterday (I rarely watch tv, so I don't know how often the ads come up).

10. I have to say, I did find the idea of the Crazy frog single beating Coldplay to no.1 rather amusing:D

especially as the Coldplay single is so dull- just "clocks" recycled....

am i right in thinking Chris Martin didn't take Johnathon Ross' joke about Coldplay being "almost as good as the Crazy frog" too well?

11. Heh, heh heh :D Cheers for that.

12. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Its about time that frog had whats coming to him! As for the single beating Coldplay, that turned out to be quite amusing.

13. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    http://www.thefrogmustdie.com

OMG, just realised they're actually selling ring tones mocking ring tones! I mean they're pretty funny, but even so, where will the ringtone madness stop!?

Does anyone here know anyone who actually likes this Jamster cr*p?

14. Ack That frog aint even funny anymore- although the OFLC in Australia desided it best to cover his wang with a the blury spot, what a sad world :spit:

It's not new, I heared it years and years ago- the incarnation I say; you actually had to look at a picture of a red Fomular 1 car (early 90's Farrari) and try not to laugh at it.

15. Yeah, they censored out the wee fella's pecker here too! Madness...

So, a goal-keeper eh?

16. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I dont know about you guys, but my phone goes "beep beep beep beep."

17. yeah, my phone's too basic to even play ringtones.
    I prefer my music coming out of a hifi or an instrument...

what I hate is people on buses/trains/public places letting the ringtone play for ages before answering- as if we're supposed to be impressed :rolleyes:

18. +8

19. I asked myself why an Aussie has an Irish name too.
    If I hear anyone's phone riging this ringtone, I make a mental note to find out where they live and kill them while they sleep. But normally I just tell them to f*ck off.

20. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    I think he was a little angry at that. He did do an impression of the Crazy Frog after every song, so mebbe he was trying to make a point.