Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention : be vewwwy quiet...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by john turner, Aug 16, 2001.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm hunting modewatows :D

well, i'm going to be hanging up my DB-side forum broom to help stingray5 with the basses forum, and so i thought i'd let you guys know that it was a blast helping keep this side of the room clean and relatively noise free.

i'd like to invite anybody who's interested to please volunteer to be a mod - you don't have to be too nice ;), and besides the DB side here is not too busy. i don't feel it's right that an ignoramous on DB like myself be the moderator here, although i've learned a lot about real-bass in the process.

anyway, i've told paul that i'll stay on until someone comes forward, if he likes, so someone...come forward, please :D

oh, and i'm still very interested in being a judge on the a.s.s. contest, if you guys still want me. i mean, who better to judge an ugly bass than the chimp at the door, right? :D

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You're not getting many takers jt. I'll take ROSIN if nobody else wants it. I figure, with my experience in OT, and knowing how ugly it gets in ROSIN, I'm the perfect fit!!!

:D :D :D

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i gotta wait til nightime, that's when all the db'ers come out over here. :D

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I don't see that DB needs a mod. What troll in his right mind would come down here trying to stir crap up? ;)

5. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it's more for just troll-cleanup-on-aisle-4 kind-of-things.

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    As I mentioned to both JT and Paul, I'd be interested if I could find a suitable "Partner in Crime"...I'd be willing to play "Bad Cop" to someone else's "Good Cop", which could be fun, or in a pinch I could try to be the "Good Cop", but the only guys I can think of to play the Bad Cop in that scenario are Ed and Dave Kaczosdbfkxjchfsihfvkjcxv, and I have a feeling they're both too busy. ;) Sooo, if anybody's interested in collaborating, let me know via email.

DURRL

7. Let the record show that I'm doing it for twice what Chris is going to get.

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    btw, don, i got your pics - i'll have them scanned in and posted in a jiffy. what is the nature of that beautiful creature on the far left of the first pic? curvy, blonde, with an ample bottom, she's beautiful. i've never seen such a beautiful double bass before.

9. Barrie Kolstein says it's Mirecourt school, c 1970. In the flesh, she's not a real blonde, heh heh.

Let's not rush the posting; wait for DURRL, then e-mail to Bob and Ed for vote and commentary, then post

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Or, for that matter, you could just as well say 100 times what I'm getting. But it's alright....I'm don't worry about what other people make anyway.

Well, it looks like we're in business. Hey JT, can I use my FUQUAFIED nickname? I would love to look up at the DB forum each morning and see the words "Moderated by DURRL" staring me in the face as I took that first glorious sip of fresh coffee.

Or better yet, in honor of our dearly departed brother in arms, we could imoortalize Ed's influence forever by going with, "Moderated by DONOSAUR and DURRL".

Now THAT, I'd like to see. :cool:

11. uh i dont play DB but im willing to be a moderator cause im on here all the time but im too cheap to contribute my $20 so i figure i should help out some way

anyways, i'll do it

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That's just what we need - a "punkrockbassguy" with no capitalisation skills, moderating the Double Bass forums! :rolleyes:

The slippery slope.....

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    as my poor Rosin comment goes by unnoticed...

<sniff ... sniff> :(

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I should mention that there is a sick morbid place in my soul that would love to see what became of trolls if DURRL was moderatin'.

(shivers)

15. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Well then if I were you, I'd start getting in touch with that sick, morbid place in your soul so you'll be ready when the inevitable happens. My guess is it won't be long... (insert evil baritone laugh here)

16. Why do I keep flashing back to the scene in Repo Man where Harry Dean Stanton and the rest don their sheriff's caps, grab baseball bats and go hunting for the Rodriguez Brothers?

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    NOSEBLOW,

It didn't go unnoticed...I just didn't know how to break it to you that you're way to NICE to moderate the Rosin forum. Like MANOFSTEEL said, you need a baseball bat for that, and I don't think anybody manufactures a bat made of TOFU.

Even if they did, I'm guessing it would only work on VEGAN trolls....