Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention Cab design guys!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick man, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Check out this new driver from Emminence!

http://editweb.iglou.com/eminence/eminence/pages/products02/lab12/lab12.htm

Its been a while since Ive done that cab design thing, and I did it by hand (those formulas were murder on my mind!), so Im wondering if anyone out there would care to give it a try with their fancy computer programs!

Also, to get a 4 ohm load out of it would be kinda tricky since its a 6 ohm speaker, but I figure 3 pairs of series wired speakers wired in paralell would bring it to 4 ohms. Thats a total of 6 speakers, so unless the box design is huge, drawing the maximum power (its got a pretty low efficiency) from your amp would be tough unless you plan on a permanent installation.

So would anyone care to show us how big a box tunned to 20-22 Hz would be?

Peace
    Nick

2. Given their T-S parms, if it's a closed cab, I make it 50.24 litres undamped, 41.88 litres damped.

Per speaker.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What program did you use?

Liters dont mean much to me since Im American and dont use the metric system but thanks anyways. How does that compare to other speaker cabinets? Is it close to the size of a 4-10, 2-15 etc...?

Peace
    Nick