1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attention, Chapman Stick freaks and fans!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wraub, Oct 29, 2013.

1. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    Hi there. I have been doing some cleaning out of the garage, and have found some old gear catalogs.
    I recently posted scans of old Wal info, and have now located some old Chapman Stick info.

What I have are .pdf scans of 2 old brochures, one from 1984, and one from 1986. Yes, I am not young.

For those interested, please click on the appropriate links below. The 1984 one is first, and has a lot more stuff than the later one. Included in this stuff is an actual cassette of Stick performance, with an actual hand applied, type written label. Cool.
    Again, I am not young.

But, enough of my yakkin'. Lets boogie.

1984, 12 pgs, 15.1mb
    http://www.filedropper.com/cs840001

1986, 4 pgs, 4.3mb
    http://www.filedropper.com/cs86

Enjoy!

2. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    I remember both of those brochures. The Darryl Jones quote in the 1986 flyer reminded me of a story he told years ago about how when he got the call from Miles Davis he was practicing his Chapman Stick and Miles wanted to hear him play some bass over the phone and he had to run all over the house trying to find where his bass was! Something like that...

But has Darryl Jones even touched his Stick since then?

3. Hi.

Thank You.

What a visual difference between those two :).

Regards
    Sam

4. bhagiti

bhagiti

Mar 10, 2005
    NW Ohio
    Many thanks (!!) but I am unable to download. Do I need to have a filedropper account? I's really like to see these!

Thanks,

Eric

5. Speaking of Sticks, there's apparently a new aluminum model that's not very expensive.

6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Wow, didn't expect that. I thought Travis Bean and Kramer had long ago demonstrated that the advantages of aluminum were at least evenly matched by their disadvantages?

7. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    I had a couple aluminum-necked Kramers back in the day (still have one in the closet, actually...), and they did, indeed--at least enough to convince me.