Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention Charlotte NC!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jimbob, Dec 8, 2002.

1. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    I am a Charlotte resident. How many times have you heard..."There are no bass players around"?

I'm sure that if a bunch of us bass players show up at an open-mike night all at one time and demand to play it would be memorable...great prank to play on an unassuming bar owner and master of ceremonies. Who's in?

I will have time to do this during the upcoming holiday season so let me know.

To take this to the edge, I have a song list I can e-mail you so we can all be prepared to hit the stage together....oh yeah!!!

2. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    To take this to the edge, I have a song list I can e-mail you so we can all be prepared to hit the stage together....oh yeah!!!

Souned cocky...I'll do anything...I just think it would be a sight to have all bassists on the stage at once!

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Hehehe... we Ottawa bassists are planning the same thing... :D

I'm going to move this to Miscellaneous though.

Hope it goes well!

4. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I'm in Charlotte, but I've only been playing 6 months and would probably only embarass myself. I'll be interested in hearing how it turns out though.

5. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I live about twenty minutes from Charlotte so if you get enough people up for it I'm in. I just want to know how all the amps will fit onstage at once? My smallest amp is a Mesa powerhouse 2x10.