Attention constructive critics!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by misterk73, Jul 23, 2002.

1. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I would be thrilled to have some objective feedback and constructive criticism on the music my current band has been making. There are three MP3s up on our under-construction Website at

Please keep in mind that:

1) These live recordings represent the first and only time we've played these songs for anyone but ourselves.

2) These songs are the first songs we've written together as a band.

3) The MP3s were made from soundboard recordings, so the quality and the mix is less-than-desirable at times. (Yes, the bass is buried.)

So, um...Whaddya think?

I throw myself and my bandmates at the mercy of the Talkbass hordes...
  2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I like it very much....

The dynamics within the band are excellent, I like what all of you are doing, the drummer, bass, guitar etc. Very nice.

The songs are also good.

I didn´t find the mix to be as bad as you think it is. The male singer is though a tad bit loud in the last song, but that´s the only gripe on my behalf.

Cool beans!

3. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks for the kind words. :D

I'm pretty excited about the direction we're heading in, but have been feeling "too close" to the music lately to know whether what we're doing is worthwhile or not!

Anyone else?
  4. oofa, i'm getting <10kbps on this download. i'll let you know tomorrow. ;)
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Nice, Real Nice.

If I was local, I'd come check you out
  6. ok, listening to it now - very nice! pretty unique stuff there, and that's a heck of a guitarist you've got! i can't really hear you, but i'm sure you're good as well. ;) your singer goes flat a lot, but i dig her style. a few voice lessons and she'd be top notch.
  7. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Dude; liked it a lot. Kinda like blues-jazz:)

You had some really tasty lines in their man, keep it up. Good luck with what you do, cuz you guys seem to do it pretty well.

8. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I'll have to see what the singer thinks about instruction-- the guitarist and I, self-taught on our instruments and musically untrained for the most part, have started lessons recently and it's paying off in spades already!

Thanks, everybody, for the positive feedback -- and perceptive commentary.