1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attention Deficit

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StanFan, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Hi,

I'm going to make a small order of albums within the next few days and am probably going to order an Attention Deficit album (with Michael Manring). I cannot decide whether to order their self titled album or Idiot King. I will probably get them both eventually, but I would like your opinions on which one would be the better one to start with.

2. PUCKBOY99

PUCKBOY99

Sep 17, 2007
    S. FLORIDA
    Did you ever get either disc? Thoughts??

I just got Idiot King....came in the mail today & listening to it right now.

Man, 3 very talented fellas here!!!!

I always dug Skolnick's work with Testament & I'm taking my wife to see Trans Siberian Orchestra next week...

Always dug Tim Alexander with Primus...

This is my first taste of Manring's playing (aside from YouTube)....he's a friggin' MONSTER!!!

Actually, all 3 of them are....GREAT pairing of minds & talents :D

3. Funny that this thread got resurrected today as I happen to be listening to The Idiot King right now. Definitely agree with your comments about the musicians. I admired all 3 even prior to my purchase of the album. It is still the only AD album I own. I'll be sure to buy their first one someday.

4. PUCKBOY99

PUCKBOY99

Sep 17, 2007
    S. FLORIDA
    Funny how things work out, eh ? :)

I was doing a search on Michael Manring & saw the lineup for AD....figured I couldn't go wrong.

FWIW, I also got the new Tal Wilkenfeld disc.....very good too !!! ...That young lady can flat out GROOVE !!!!

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The first record is very good, but I think The Idiot King is my favourite of the two. Very very good fusion and immensely enjoyable to listen to!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021