Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention: Fender Steve Harris P-Bass Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Apr 23, 2002.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    I've heard that only 150 of these were actually produced for the U.S. I just want to get an idea of how many guys own one of these on this website. Anybody actually know how many of these were produced?

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I was talking to a Fender customer service rep about the Steve Harris basses and he told me that there were only 500 that came to the US...

P@

3. JaggedB

JaggedB

Jan 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I've got one and I think it is great. It made me fall in love with both a wider neck (I played jazz necks before) and maple boards.

I also have heard conflicting stories about how many were produced for the US. But 500 seems to be the number that comes up most often.

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I don't own one, but there's a new one for sale in a music store near me right now.

5. On the Fender Forum, one guy said 1500. They also said that Fender never releases the production run numbers on the signature models...

6. I'm not an owner of the Harris P bass. I am curious about it though. What all is different on the Harris as compared to a regular P bass?

Edit:
    The one I saw was blue, with a tortoise shell pickguard. What other color options does it come with, or is that standard?

7. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Seymour duncan 1/4 pounder pickup, badass 2 bridge, and some other stuff I can't remember.

8. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I wouldn't mind having the one at my local Mars! It plays and sounds pretty sweet!

9. JaggedB

JaggedB

Jan 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    From what I understand, it is a standard (MIJ) P-bass with a B maple neck (1.625") with SD 1/4 lbers, BAII and black chrome knobs. The only color you can get is Lake Placid Blue with a wine red pick guard. This is in honor of the West Ham FC that Steve is such a fan of. There is also the Maiden logo and signature on the headstock.

It also seems to be priced (without looking at a price list) about $200 more than a MIM and about $300 less than a MIA, give or take.

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ..not to forget that the pickguard is actually red mirror one, IIRC.