Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Attention Mesa M-2000 owners!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mad Subwoofer, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Can anyone share there experiances in finding there perfect, "golden" tone with these amps? I have had mine for two years now and have yet to settle on a consistent setting. With so many options available I start to feel just a little overwhelmed. The few sample settings in the manual are cetainly helpful but I still end up feeling stumped. As a starting point, I use the tube side and basically ignore the graphic eq if I can using it for room acoustics. This is what I did when I owned my Mesa 400+ which I swear was far easier to find a great tone on. I had traded it in for the M-2000 because I craved a lighter less "delicate" amp. I miss my 400+ sound but not it's weight and hassle. So, do you folks use one side or the other? Which of you uses the mix mode and how do you approach dialing up your sound? Do you use one side for "high" end and one for "low" end? Do you just stack both up evenly with the mix control in the centre? If you change a tone control on one side, say cutting the mid, do you change on both sides or just the one? Do you have any personal settings that work great for you that you wouldn't mind sharing with the rest of us? My music ranges from a heavy prog/dub-style to a punchier punk-jazz thing.
    I play a Warwick Thumb 5 neck-thru and a Warwick Dolphin 5 w/ Alembic electronics. I also use a Eden 212XLT, a Eden 210XLT and/or my Mesa 1X15 RR.
    Any tips you folks may have on finding your setting on this fantastic amplifier would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time!!

2. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
  3. My music ranges from a heavy prog/dub-style to a punchier punk-jazz thing.

4. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    boost your mids and lows. and set the highs about midway..

5. That's not really helpful. Do you know the amp we are talking about here? There is about 25 different ways I can boost the lows and the mids. I was hoping for details from experianced M-2000 owners, what sort of tone they settled on and how they got there. I need specifics. Thanks though..........