1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Attention Okie Bass Players, GS412 $700 dollars

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ElMon, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Hey y'all, if anyone close to OKC has a hankerin for an Aguilar GS412, I need to get rid of mine ASAP. Here's the story:

Guy I've been playin with, who has had a record deal in the works with Capitol records, finally got the call to move to LA in order to play the live circuit. We're playin at club Roxy and possibly the Whisky. Needless to say, I'm packin up all I can fit in my ford focus and headin West.

Now, according to some of my friends contact, my current rig will be a little overwhelming for what we are going to do, not to mention that I can barely fit all my gear into my Ford Focus Hatchback. I'm stickin with my GS410 here, and may even pick up an El Whappo.

The cab is in mint condition, no scuffs, slight cat hair, and is priced to move quickly at $700. I'm not really up to shipping this cab as I can only imagine the charge. Let me know if any of you locals are interested.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    God damnit, I drove through OKC yesterday and would have purchased this on the way. :mad:

Let me know if you'd be willing to throw this on a Greyhound headed towards Madison or something. :(

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    You could always turn back around, no? Okie hospitality is legendery. Hell, I'll even have a pecan pie waitin.

4. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Tell you what, if you figure out a way to get it to LA, I'll meet you up there with the cash...

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    You have PM. Actually, I think I clicked the button twice, so you should have 2 PM>

6. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    The best of luck to you on your trip out west!!

7. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thanks for the kindness. Oh yeah, somebody buy this cab.
    I should probably lay down some subjective comment of this cab's performance live:

It simply makes your notes sound bigger. I've been able to have a huge, deep tone that is detailed and clear and yet doesn't overpower anything around it. In the past I've used two 4x10's and that sound just swallowed everything up and sounded somewhat out of place in the mix. The GS412 blends with every other instrument just right. It truly is the perfect mix between the punch and snap of tens and the subterranean boom of a 1x15.

8. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump

9. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump. Possible sale pending with Justin of Resident Funk (Great band out of Norman; powerful singer)

10. Ephesus

Ephesus

Mar 18, 2006
    West Michigan
    still available?

11. Ephesus

Ephesus

Mar 18, 2006
    West Michigan
    let me brother.......

12. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I was just in your place of business today and saw Don.
    Good luck to you and nice meeting you!!!!

13. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Likewise to you as well. For the time, Justin of Resident Funk (great Norman band) is holding on to the cab, and will pay me some cheddah next week. Thanks for the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.