Attention Rickenbacker owners: i would greatly appreciate it if you helped me out

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benjamin, Sep 20, 2004.

1. benjamin

Apr 12, 2004
    :help: is there a place on the net i can get rickenbacker strings? or if not, what is the closest brand of string to rickenbacker 4003 strings? i have a show thursday, and i'd like to have her ready to play by then.

fast help is GREATLY appreciated
  2. is where i get all my Ric brand all my Rics and Ric goodies.

Mike Parks is an A+ guy to deal with.
  3. benjamin

Apr 12, 2004
    dude, i love you.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ill go buy a new hat :D!
  5. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Also, if you have a Ric dealer anywhere near you, they can order them for you.
  6. benjamin

Apr 12, 2004
    i think ill order off the first site... does anyone know what kind of strings the ric usually comes standard with? not the out-of-stock $35 ones, hopefully...

one more question... what are some common strings i could buy at guitar center that are similar to the rics? i need that A string before thursday, so i guess ill have to buy some extras.

i appreciate the help, guys.
  7. Alot of Ric players also like Pyramid strings....i think its possible to get these more easily at a local music store.

I believe it is Rics own brand of strings that Ric installs...they are found on any of the links i gave above.
  8. Breadfan

Feb 19, 2008
    Don't know too many Ric players who actually like Pyramids, not to mention Ric themselves refuse to acknowledge a company who falsely advertises.

I recommend Rotosound roundwounds... A lot of famous ric players have used em. Obviously your ideal choice of string is dependant on you the player, but being as you've not got much time I'd go with what players like Geddy go with. But that's just me.