Attention Roscoe Players!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Nov 29, 2003.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I've been noticing that my Roscoes are sounding especially good with old school amps. A nice fat tube amp like an SVT or a 300PS makes my myrtle body Roscoe really responsive. An Acoustic 370 works really well too, that low end eq is really nice. Works spectacularly well on the fretless LG-3005 too. What amps are you Roscoe players using?
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    A Demeter VTBP-201 (1.5 RU) into a QSC PLX 1602 running an Epifani T-310 with very good results IMHO!
  3. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I have recently been playing mine through an Eden WT-550 and an Eden 410xlt. I also have an SVT-2Pro that i have played it through with the same Cab and they both sound good, although the Eden head is cleaner. I dont think this bass could sound bad through any rig. What i really wanna do is split the signal and run it in to both heads at the same time. All i need now is another cab!
  4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    An Alembic F1-X, Stewart 1.6, and an SWR Goliath III. The Alembic really adds that phat warm sound and with the head room available with the Stewart bridged, the sound is huge!:bassist:
  5. i owned 2 roscoes. i used them through an Avalon U5 pre, QSC Plx power amp, and Bergantino cabs. the sound was awesome.
  6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Right now it's going through either SWR or Trace, but it's good to know it reacts well to the SVT. I'm looking right now at either a 70s SVT or Mesa.
  7. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    SWR SM400S through Eden 210 XST. Tis nice, indeed.
    I do think think tube amps marry well with the Roscoe's low-end thump though.